Wednesday, April 5, 2017

One Room Makeover Before Easter!

can’t believe it has been almost three YEARS since I last had a blog post! I will be super surprised if any of my old followers see this post. However, my blog was all about creative decorating on a budget and that is what I’ve been doing while working a full time job!

I'm not part of the one room challenge but it did get me motivated to do something on my own. Easter is coming upon us and if you are like me, family and eating is a huge part of our holidays. That was the other motivation for deciding to do a one room makeover in our dining room. It was in dire need of a new style makeover.


My style has evolved from a more traditional country with dark colors to a clean transitional farmhouse rustic style. I’m not sure that is a style but it seems to sum up a lot of the changes I’ve made thanks to Joanna Gaines and Fixer Upper. Hasn’t she influenced a lot of us? This image just sums up the feeling I want to evoke in my dining room.


Unfortunately, my dining room isn't as large and lacks the warm, wood beams. However, it does have good bones with a hardwood floor and oak trim. I thought dining rooms were to be dark and warm to be cozy and entice the appetite. I found over time the red made me sad and gloomy. I didn't want to spend any time in the room.


When I start thinking about decorating or doing a makeover, I begin by going crazy looking at pictures on Pinterest. I seem to obsess for a long period of time just pinning and thinking about what I like and want. Unfortunately, I get overwhelmed by it all and it takes time for me to tackle the fear and to actually start!

I’ve learned, the first thing I should do is make a plan. Basically I take my favorite images from Pinterest and find the items I like in each picture online. Process of elimination with price or availability changes what I eventually end up with in my design. Using a fabric or rug pattern helps me to determine a paint color and accessories. From there I create a moodboard using the ideas I've found.


Here is where I have started for my dining room makeover. Basically, the only things that will remain from the old room is the small cabinet that I will paint and some wall accessories. I'm pretty much starting from scratch or pulling from a stash in my hoarding room basement.

I'm so excited to have finally begun this project and I plan to share it with you as it goes forward.

Have a blessed day!

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Oh- What fun to see a post from you finally!!! I love your mood board and lightening the room up is going to make it feel twice the size. It will really have a clean-lined farmhouse feel to it when you are done. Keep posting and people will find their way back to you. Go visit a few old blog friends and let them know you posted again! Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonnie, so nice to meet you!
    I pooped over from dear Dianna's blog.
    You have a lovely place here with some beautiful make overs.

    Easter Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails