Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blogger Day of Silence



For those who wish to participate, on Tuesday, December 18th, there is going to be a Blogger Day of Silence in support of those lost and their families from Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut. For more information, please visit Kelly's Korner. She has the button and link information.

This is a sign of support and respect for those who have lost the world. We will have lost nothing from one day of not blogging compared to what those families have lost.

The United Way has established a website for donations at the following link:

https://newtown.uwwesternct.org/


I have to do something positive for these families. Won't you join me, my fellow bloggers?

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Count me in! I just read this somewhere else a few minutes ago. OMG, I cannot imagine what these people who have lost so much must be going thru. They are definately in my prayers and thoughts, and I will not be blogging Tuesday! Have a great week Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a lot of trouble trying to cope with the loss of these sweet babies... it's just something I want to scream about but it's not the time..next week I'll get on my band wagon about guns..something no one will listen to or even wants to talk about, but in the mean time like you all I can do is be silent.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment and your speaking of mental illness.. yes that is a problem but I know first hand that guns may be more of a problem than mental... 5 years ago I called Homeland Security on my own brother who has mental illness, he was picked up at 5am by the swat team and spent almost 5 months in jail until he could clear his name.. I'm not proud of what I did but I may have prevented something. He did no damage only because he did not have access to a gun that could act out his thoughts..especially one that would shoot 30 rounds in a minutes time..
    I think it's time I start speaking of this because I've been so ashamed for what I did to my own brother...
    Along with the anger Mr. Obama showed last night at the memorial and the anger in our towns we all may be able to do something..
    Thanks again for your comments.
    Silence for this week only.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this link. We all wish there was more we could do. Prayers and hope for those who are hurting....

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails