Sunday, January 8, 2012

Updated Pillows

Two posts in one week is a record for me over this last year! We'll see if I can keep this up!

My co-worker purchased a sofa that had matching throw pillows. Since the pillows were the same fabric as the sofa (taupe color), there was no contrast. I forgot to take pictures of the pillows but it was something like this picture from Ashley Furniture.

She looked for new pillows but couldn't find anything she liked as much as fabric she found but she doesn't sew. I told her I could make pillow covers for her easily in just a few hours. I forgot to take a picture of just the fabric so pretend that these aren't already made pillows and table runner!
Can you tell that I haven't been blogging in a long time! I can't remember to take pictures!


Anyway, the fabric was very thick and wanted to unravel. I did a lot of zigzag stitching on the seam edges hoping that will prevent any problems. I set them up on my sofa to take pictures and think I want them now!!


I think they turned out great. I even had enough fabric left over to make her a table runner. I had black cotton fabric left over from some other project so I cut out the backing and attached it. Turned it right side out and sewed a top stitching around the edge. I hope she likes it!


Here they are all together again!



I am so excited about how they turned out and I can't wait to take them to work tomorrow! Amazing what a few hours can do to save you money!

I am linking up to the following parties:

Between Naps on the Porch




Savvy Southern Style





Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by to leave me comments! I have missed everyone so much!
Bonnie

11 comments:

  1. They sure did turn out fabulous Bonnie. Love the fabric and colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. I am thrilled that you will be joining my party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. She is going to love them! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And if she doesn't like them... send them to me! Those are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I think it is awesome that you had enough left over to do a matching table runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Bonnie. Sewing can do wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, you're so talented! I love the pillows and runner! I love the fabric! You're the nicest friend! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie, I'm so glad you're back posting again! You've been missed and those pillows look GREAT!!!! Now if only I could sew like that.

    Enjoy your evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think she'll love it! It should add some POW to her couch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking for ways to update my home and found your blog. You have great ideas! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails