Sunday, January 15, 2012

My First Mood Board!

I have been wanting to create a mood board for our Master Bedroom. I went online and read many sites about how to create one. I ended up using Picasa and the collage feature because it was free and pretty simple.

First I need to show you what I am starting with in our Master Bedroom. Don't judge...it is plain and always last on the list to get any help! The lamps were just temporary to see if the height would work. Most everything is going except my frenchy blue chest!
Thank goodness you can't see the 1991 back to the future hunter green ceiling fan!


Here is the beginning of my mood board plan for 2012 in the Master Bedroom:



The zebra print fabric I chose coordinates better than this picture. I have a ways to go but seeing it together really helps to move me along with my decorating!


It is just the one wall for now. I have to find a table like that, make the zebra bench from a coffee table and finish the padded headboard.

You know that I have to do everything on a strict budget. I have been purchasing items for over two years now. That is more patience than I normally have but there just isn't much money!

I would love to know your thoughts!

I am linking up to the following party!


Between Naps on the Porch





Have an awesome week!
Bonnie

14 comments:

  1. Oh, love the mood board you created. I have to learn to do one of those, too. I just need to make the time to do it. Going to look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie- Great mood board. I love it and it is going to be really lovely when it is done. You are a patient soul! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plans you have for your room. It's going to be gorgeous! My MBR needs work. I always put it off because nobody sees it but us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the mood board, Bonnie! I really want to learn to do those. I use Picasa a lot to edit pics, so maybe that's the direction I should go. I can't wait to see everything come together. Take care. PS: I sure am glad you're keeping your Frenchy chest - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Bonnie! You have done a great job, and I am loving what I am seeing with the mood board. Maybe I should learn to do one? Have a great week, and it is wonderful to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be really pretty, Bonnie! I love that headboard you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love the mood board. Looks like you have some awesome ideas and I can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to mention that I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a mood board. I've just started something similar on pinterest for a bath redo that I want to do. I love the colors you have selected...elegant and yet comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool Bonnie! I've wanted to do one of those mood boards too. I saw a website where you could make them for free but wasn't sure if it was only for clothes fashions or not so I moved on. I like the ideas you have so far, especially the zebra print bench. Good luck with pulling it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, I think it is beautiful! What a great way to envision your dream and then plan for it. I need to try that so I don't do impulse shopping! Actually, I don't even impulse shop. I just wait forever and forever! You will make it gorgeous! I love the saying on the wall about the Love Story. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mood board looks great! I can't wait to see how it turns out! I also wanted to let you know I'm hosting my first giveaway...I'd love you to stop by & enter to win a My Memories digital scrapbooking software. Thanks!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie
    Thanks for checking out my bathroom! And also for the great suggestion about creating a mood board. I never knew how to do it. My bedroom needs a serious update! I am your newest follower! Thanks again!

    Maxwellhouseinteriors.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh I like zebra! It is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails