Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Working on My Vignettes

In a previous post I told you how I have been struggling with vignettes.  This is something that I am determined to learn and improve on this year!  I spent several hours last weekend pouring over your blogs and decorating websites!!  I think I learned a lot but I still have more to learn!

My other issue is money.  I could probably do better vignettes if I had a better supply of items to use!  I decided to work on the top of the computer armoire.  You know, where I do my blogging!!  I put more rocks in this hurricane (and cracked the glass!) with a candle I had in my stash.


I found this picture at the Goodwill store for $6 and thought the colors and theme would work well for some layering here.


I found a few books and purchased them at GW based on their cover color and appropriate titles!!  I found this leaf tray at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $4.


Together, I think they look nice.  Next I found this suitcase also in the clearance at HL for $11, as well as the red glass container for $3.  I was trying to elevate the lamp to make it useful as well as stylish!


Here is a shot of what it looked like BEFORE:


Here it is in the AFTER:


I know, enough is enough!!  I think it does look better, don't you????


Here is more news...I got that job I wanted!!!  
Everyone was so nice there and I am really excited about starting soon!  

Here is what I looked like just before I left for my interview!


Aren't you impressed????  NOT!!  However it was presentable for an interview and also on a budget from thrift stores and clearance sections!!!  I thought I did pretty good!

Jacket   Ann Taylor $13 eBay
Skirt:  Jones New York $8 eBay
Ruffled top:  Target clearance $6
Stretch belt:  Target clearance $2
Black tights:  Walmart clearance $2
Bandolino shoes:  Online store clearance $30

Here is my new profile picture.  Not too bad for a timer shot and for being in a hurry!


Thanks for all your prayers and support during this time that I have been looking for the right job!  It just goes to show that when you trust God, His will is better than what we could pick for ourselves!  This was definitely His hand in the making!

I am linking up for the Boring to Better party over at Kim's Savvy Southern Style!  Stop by and join us in the party!


Since I took the time to dress up AND take a picture, I am also linking up to What I Wore Wednesday over at The Pleated Poppy!!  Some great ideas over there!

the pleated poppy blog

Have a great day!
Bonnie

30 comments:

  1. Everything is looking so fresh and fun around here. You look fantastic Bonnie...you were ready to get that job I can see it on your face! You should join WIWW tomorrow.....I have another friend of our Diane from Lavender hill on it too. Love your vignettes..you do good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie,
    I think it looks so nice, especially think the suitcase under the lamp adds a nice touch. I don't think you are struggling anymore with your vignettes. And, congratulations on your job!
    Blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and so do you. Congrats on getting that job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie- I forget that you are as beautiful outside as you are inside until I see your picture! You look wonderful and I can see why you got the job! I just have to say it---you know I do....
    "Off to the nunnery with you"...okay...got that outta my system.

    Your vignette looks great. You found some great things to work with...taking up wine sampling I see (by your book choice) and going Downtown with your camera...obviously to take some pictures for Blogland! That picture just kind of pulls all the colors and forms together and is a bit masculine too. Love it---great job! Hugs- Diana

    ps...When ARE you starting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on the vignette! It took great. Congrats on the job! You looked great for your interview. Blessings <3 Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Bonnie on the work..always trust in God and a great outfit helps also ha ha!!

    I think all of your displays are just lovely and you got some wonderful new things..beautiful eye candy once again Bonnie..Thanks for sharing your GREAT news..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on landing the new job! And yes, God is so good to us! Your vignette looks awesome! The touches you added make it look much more interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, I love the new vignette. Very balanced. You look very professional and I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! You got the job! Congratulations!

    Your vignette looks lovely. I like the layering, and putting the lamp up higher looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lookin good Miss Bonnie!!! Congrays too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the layers you added to that vignette, like leaning that picture. your hard work paid off on both fronts! congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratualtions on your new job, Bonnie! You look beautiful and very professional in the photo. I also like the look of your blog. The background is really nice. Great job on your vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on getting the job! Yeah! You looked fabulous heading to that interview!
    And love your vignette. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new job, Bonnie!

    Love the lamp on that little trunk; I think it worked exactly as you meant it, too. The books, too. I always throw some books in when I feel like something is missing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Vignette. It looks fabulous. I think you really looked professional for your interview. I shop at thrift stores all the time and love a bargain, when I think of the things I give away to thrift stores it's because of the size or I'm just tired of it, not because it's old or worn out. You got some really great bargains. Love, love, love your look. Congrats to you again on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Bonnie! Everything is looking so good over at your house, including you! How could not have knocked them dead with your look! Very professional and stylish! I love the changes on the computer hutch. I'd say you've got this vignette thing down!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooops! And Congratulations on the job! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bonnie! Congrats on the new job! Your vignettes look awesome! I def love the suitcase under the lamp! I think all your vignettes look awesome! Your blog has been one of my favorites since I started blogging! I can't wait to see more! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your vignettes are lovely and so is your new picture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the job!!! That's wonderful! I think your vignette looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, aren't you the queen of bargains! LOVE it! Your vignette looks fantastic!
    Congratulations on your new job!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you did it Bonnie, you will enjoy this day, it builds good confidence too:)!!~

    ReplyDelete
  23. From an old school teacher, you're a high achiever! Your vignette looks great- love all the layers.

    And you look great too - very professional. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. if the interview went as well as the outfit, I'm sure youg ot the job!
    Cardigans and Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment. You did an amazing job putting together a very professional look on a budget. Very impressive! Congratulations on your new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the outfit and the budget!! Definitely will be checking out your blog for some decorating ideas, I need serious help!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bonnie, your vignettes looks GREAT, you look FABULOUS and your blog makeover looks GREAT! Did you do it? Mine needs help!

    Enjoy your evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi there, I found your blog via WIWW. There aren't many corporate fashionistas that link up, so I was very happy to see you there!
    Love the bargains you purchased for the interview. Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay!!! So happy for you getting the job you wanted :) The vignette is adorable! Love the new pics too!!!
    Love you!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails