Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Way to Start the New Year...

I have to take a little time out for life...

This is my mama.  I still call her mama and always will do so.  I wish she still looked this good.  She has dementia so bad and lives in a nursing home with her sister.  Well, she fell on Sunday and broke her hip.  They are doing surgery today at 1:00 to put a pin in it.  Now we all know that at age 83 and with some health issues, anything can happen.  Some prayers for us would be greatly appreciated and I will update tomorrow.  Thanks!

On a more positive note, Bonnie from House of Grace featured my little Christmas tiered trays!  I just wanted to give her a shout out and thanks!  She has a great blog and is one of cleanest and neatest people that I have seen out here in blog land!!!  Thanks Bonnie!!



HOG

I will leave you one picture of what went on at our house on New Year's Eve!  Mr. Creative was in a band for probably 20 years and they were all in our wedding as well.  So the old guys got together for a jam in our basement which was a lot of fun.  It brought back some great memories!

That is Mr. Creative in the middle singing!  We told our friend singing next to him that if he keeps letting his hair and beard grow, he is going to be a ZZ Top impersonator!  Regardless of looks, those are a great group of guys!  Thanks for the fun!!


20 comments:

  1. Prayers going up for you and your mom Bonnie. Congrats on being featured at the House of Grace. She is terrific isn't she? Keep us posted on your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are in my prayers, Bonnie.

    It looks like you had a fun NYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie- I so understand the struggle with your Mom. My own Mother had dementia and she lived with us for 3 years when my kids were little. She ended up in a nursing facility too. It is soo hard and I soo get it! You and your family are in my prayers.

    How fun to see the band reunited and playing...look how happy/sappy they look!;>) Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bonnie! I will definitely be praying for you and your family. I pray all goes well with your mother's procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lifting your mom up in prayers. Dementia is a horrible thief and then the pain of a hip injury...
    bless her.
    My mom is 84 and we are battling the dementia too.

    Praying that all goes well for her and strength and wisdom for you.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. You betcha Bonnie. You know you have one tough cookie of a Moma...Please do keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, so sorry to hear that your mother fell. I certainly hope her surgery goes smoothly and that she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bonnie, I am praying for the very best for your momma. Take care of yourself and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope your mother's surgery goes well, and i am feeling your concerns. my great uncle fell a few weeks ago, got thru surgery, but now requires another one. he is 83 and i am just so concerned and worried.

    new year's eve must have been pretty fun in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mama is & always will be mama too. Sending prayers your way. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I was just thinking about you this morning and wanted to check in on what you have been up to. I am so sorry you are going through such a scary time! I'll be thinking of you and your family. Positive energy flowing your way love!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You, your family and your Mama are all in my prayers, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I sorry to hear about your MaMa. You've in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers. Keep us posted.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sending paryers and good wishes, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of your mothers fall. I will keep her in my prayers too! Congrats on the feature I will have to visit the House of Grace. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so hard when our parents get older. I will certainly keep your mom in my prayers...and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Bonnie, I hope that your mother feels better soon! I've given you a blog award, come check it out. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Bonnie, I hope that your mother feels better soon! I've given you a blog award, come check it out. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just found your blog and love it. Prayers for your sweet mama.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous New Years that must have been:)

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails