Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blogger Inspiration Transformed from Thirft Store Finds!

What can you do with very little money, a lot of inspiration and a little creativity????


While studying accessorizing techniques on other blogs and decorating websites, I came across a simple example of inspiration for my breakfast table.  I found this on Pat's dining room table at her blog  Back Porch Musings and I just had to do it for myself.    Please stop by and see what she has done in her home!  She did the most amazing transformation with the color gray!!!  I love it!

http://backporchmusings.typepad.com/blog/2011/01/index.html

As you know, we are so out of budget!!!  I needed to do this from everything I could find around my house.  Well, I had most of it.  I wanted to add another layer under it so I needed a silver tray.  I found one at Goodwill for $6.  I cleaned it up and it looks pretty good with a little character abuse!


I then placed on top of the tray, this ivory bowl that I bought at Wal-Mart at least 5 years ago.


I have had this crystal vase since we got married.  It was a wedding present from SOMEONE!!  Don't ask me who, I can't remember anymore!  I placed it inside the bowl.


I found a bag of navy beans in the cabinet.  I knew I wasn't ever going to make ham and beans for Mr. Creative!  So I poured them in around the vase.


I didn't have any tall pillar candles so I dug out this short pillar.  I put coffee beans in the bottom and set the pillar on them to give it more height.  I then added the remaining coffee beans and there you have it!!  Not the exact same as Pat's display but still a great inspiration!


Simple yet homey!  That's how I try to be!!  Sometimes I get a little cluttered!!



Many thanks to Pat for letting me use her picture as inspiration.

I am linking to the following parties today!!

Inspiration Friday at Southern in My Heart



Junkin Finds Friday at A La Carte
junkinfinds

Please stop by and see other wonderful creations and inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by here to visit with me!
Have a wonderful day!
Bonnie

19 comments:

  1. Bonnie what a neat idea! It turned out beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your post was perfect; inspiration, components and step-by-step instruction. Sometimes when we look at something creative, we don't go any further because we think it would be hard to duplicate it. You've shown us how simple it is! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you did a fabulous job! I love the look, I remember seeing that on Pat's beautiful blog too...I may copy come Spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes (most times) a limited budget helps create the best things! Very creative, Bonnie! I'll bet it even smells good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your centerpiece...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job. I love the colors you combined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie- What a good idea to use the coffee beans for a filler INSIDE the vase. Love what you did with all that you had to work with. It looks wonderful...and hey...sometimes I get a little cluttered too. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your centerpiece looks great! I like the crystal with the silver. Now to see what I have and can pull together.

    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job with your inspired centerpiece. Simple is always elegant.
    Blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great centerpiece idea. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The centerpiece looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your centerpiece looks great! I like the idea of using coffee beans. I may try something like that.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks beautiful, Bonnie!

    Thanks so much for mentioning the Back Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little center piece is very sweet. I love the mix of textures, and the scale is perfect for you table.
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very pretty, Bonnie! I like how you took an idea and put your own spin on it! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it Bonnie! I saw Pat's version too and I love how you took her inspiration and put your own stamp on it. Great job!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it, Bonnie! Sometimes you need something simple and sometimes florals just don't work at the moment {or you aren't feeling them}. I like the layering and that this is easy enough to do with stuff you already have around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how that turned out, Bonnie! It's a great mix of different textures. I may have to make something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails