Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Special Reason We Celebrate!

I wanted to participate in "The Reason for the Season" party over at Happier Than a Pig in Mud 

My tree is very traditional.  I have about a third of pretty filler ornaments that I always buy after Christmas for our tree.  You see, our tree is 10 feet tall and it takes a lot of ornaments to make it look full.  The other two thirds of ornaments are memories.  Ornaments given to me by family and friends or made by my kids!


When you get closer you see special ornaments from or for my kids!  Tyler's first Christmas!


My very favorite ornament from when Jesse was in Kindergarten (he is a senior now)!  He was the cutest angel!! I honestly smile and get teary eyed EVERY year when I hang it on the tree!

.
Here is a homemade ornament from the boys!


The main reason for this post was because we are celebrating the birth of Jesus.  I have these ornaments that tell the story of Jesus.  Come along with me!

Here we have Jesus in the manger.
Jesus was a carpenter's son!


Remember when Jesus fed thousands with just a few loaves of bread and fish?


We have the bible that gives us God's word on how to live our lives here on earth!


Then we have the reminder of the Crucifixion.


The Dove representing the risen Christ!


My favorite is my nativity scene that I saved up to buy.  I wanted the nicely painted set to hand down to my children someday!


I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my tree and the Reason for the Season!  Please stop by and see the other wonderful bloggers and their displays!



Remember my giveaway is still going on until Friday night!!  You have 3 chances to win!  Have a great day!

23 comments:

  1. Bonnie, beautiful decorations, but such beautiful reminders of what Christmas is all about. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree and LOVE those gorgeous ornaments. LOVE the reason for the season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tree and LOVE those gorgeous ornaments. LOVE the reason for the season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tree and your sweet ornaments. Your nativity is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I love that your ornaments tell a story! Your nativity is just beautiful and I'm sure it will be a treasured family heirloom! Thank you so much for joining in:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ornaments especially that angel! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you joined the party! OMG! Your nativity is beautiful, I do love it! I am really loving your ornaments though too. Now that really shows the reason for the season, doesn't it? Great post! I'm getting out and about for a bit but will be posting a finished Christmas gift project this evening. Until then, have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, your tree is beautiful and truly does have a lot of meaning. I absolutely love your Nativity. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us all.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your nativity! love all of the ornaments too, I also have my son's kindergarten ornament (all of the glued on candies have since fallen off) and he is a junior now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some really special things, I'm glad you shared them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tree! I love having those handmade ornies on my tree too. Mine will never look like a designer tree but I love the memories behind the ornaments and I see that you do too.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie! Your nativity set is beautiful, and I loved seeing all the beautiful ornaments. Wishing you both blessings and lots of holiday fun as the big day approaches! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bonnie,
    You have a lovely Christmas tree and I just love the sacred ornaments on it! Very lovely, and so is your nativity. I too love the Reason for the Season!
    Your walls are the same colour as those in my son's home, sort of a butterscotch? Very pretty!
    I've enjoyed my visit with you and I see we are sisters in the Lord so I'm signing up to follow your blog. Have a lovely week.

    CHRISTmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Bonnie! I love the idea of having ornaments on the tree that tell the of Christ's birth, life, death and resurrection. That is something I am going to do next year for sure!
    Blessings,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. So wonderful tree, love all the cute ornaments! Your Nativity is gorgeous!

    Blessings
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are wonderful! Cute blog here!


    What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

    Come on over and enter!  

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tree is beautiful! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonnie- I love all the family behind your ornaments. It makes it all the more special...and I love that you have remembered the true reason for the season. Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those ornaments are wonderful! Love the story of each one! Beautiful Nativity!

    I have just posted to a fourth party, this one is white and gold!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bonnie, you have some great ornaments and that nativity is so nice. I need to get one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a special and HUGE tree! It's filled with everything that Christmas should be; beauty and loving memories.

    Thank you for coming by my blog yesterday and leaving the sweet comment. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tree is OVER-THE-TOP gorgeous! I love your Christ-centered ornaments and your nativity is lovely too :)

    Merry CHRISTmas!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh My! That is a beautiful set! laurie

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails