Friday, November 19, 2010

My Kitchen Inspiration

Well, it is Inpspiration Friday over at Southern In My Heart.  I am what you would call a "copy cat decorator".  I have some ideas of my own, but a lot of my ideas are derived by inspiration I receive from others.  Of course it takes some creativity and hard work to put all that inspiration into a cohesive design!!!  Trying to give myself some credit here!  

For my kitchen makeover, I began to wonder about all the inspiration I have found from my fellow bloggers and various others on the internet!  I knew that I wanted ivory and black cabinets after seeing Kim's French Country Kitchen at Savvy Southern Style


I loved the look of the beadboard wallpaper on the sides of the cabinets after seeing Rhoda's kitchen at Southern Hospitality.


I wanted korbels under my eat in counter area after seeing this on Rate My Space by user WHITEBARN!


Oh and the brown paint for the walls when I saw how warm and inviting this kitchen was from Rate My Space by user CODESIGN.


I plan to recreate this tin look for a backsplash after viewing this picture from a Custom Wall Mural site.  Mine will be painted wallpaper with a copper glazing.


I am going to paint the countertops to resemble granite.  Here you see a few samples of scrap that the business up the street throws away.  I am using them for inspiration.  You can also see the paint swatch for the walls.  I chose the top color of brown.  It is #96162 Picked Acorn from Walmart.  I had it mixed in the Kilz Colors paint.  Best paint I have ever used and it is only $22 a gallon.  They can match any color you need!


You also can see in the picture above, the handles I have painted for the drawers.  The black cabinets get a hammered copper handle and the ivory cabinets are ORB.  Love it!

Here you can see the left side cabinets are done except the cup handles that need the holes drilled a little larger!!  Mr. Creative will have to do that for me!


Close up of the beadboard and antinqued glaze.  I also want Mr. Creative to put trim around the top and bottom to give them a finished custom look.


Now the right side looks rough!  Not sure you can tell there is beadboard around the penninsula.  Everything is painted and glazed but now needs a little distressing and the polyurethane!  I also have to clean out the cabinets and organize.  Worked out well on the other side!  Whew..what a mess during the project!


Here are my doors that will get spray painted with my neumatic paint sprayer today!!  Greatest thing I have found by far!  Nicer if you can paint outside!


Please stop by and see Vanessa's blog for much more inspiration!

 
 
Love all the wonderful comments so far on my kitchen!  Yall keep me going and inspired to finish!  Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!
Bonnie

24 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie! Those pics inspire me too! Im lovin getting to watch your Redo!
    I have a NEW GIVEAWAY for you!

    *ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, great inspiration from all over. Thanks for using my kitchen as inspiration, too that is very sweet. Your progress so far is looking good. The brown walls will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspiration pics! Love the color you picked out for your walls...can't wait to see how it call comes together :o)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great inspiration! And you kitchen is looking fabulous! Can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brown walls are going to warm the whole space up so much and look fantastic with your newly painted cabinets. Great choices! You have done a fantastic job so far, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love looking at pictures of the progess you are making on your kitchen redo. You are doing a great job. Love the inspiration pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie- You are the best~ I love what you have done and know that you have done it on a tight budget! WOW! I can't WAIT to see the whole thing done! I'll bet you can't either;>) Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your kitchen is looking fabulous so far. I love all of your color and finish choices. I painted my kitchen chocolate brown 5 yrs. ago and I still love it and everyone always compliments the color. You will love your. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, that's great! Good for you for taking all that inspiration & making it your own & of course, I don't mind you linking to my project at all. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great inspirational pictures! Love all the details you are focusing on! You will do an awesome job, can't wait to see more!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is looking great....I like the cabinetry. I can't wait to see the countertop project in completion. I will become a following to do that! Hope you do the same....and enter my "NOEL" Seashell Letters giveaway. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am finishing up my kitchen this weekend!! I am so excited about it. I know what you are going through. Mine has taken months with lots of set backs. I am sure you will love it when you finish. I can't wait to see the finished product!! Happy Remodeling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good girl!!! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing job on your cabinets Bonnie! It is going to be so beautiful. Show us the gorgeous results when you finish.

    Happy weekend to you!
    ~Melisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Bonnie! Everything is looking so amazing! I'm incredibly impressed with all that you are doing and now YOU are the one providing the inspiration to the rest of us! :-) Thanks so much for linking up to the party this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving the chocolate brown. Beautiful inspiration pictures. Thanks so much for your comment. I am your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bonnie, I love all the inspiration pictures. Your kitchen is coming along nicely and I know the final result will be beautiful. A suggestion..use a water based polycrylic on the cabinets instead of polyurethane. The polyurethane will turn yellow with age.

    Thanks for your visit and sweet comment on my Grateful Journal.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, love what you have done so far and your interesting ideas. Can't wait to see the finished project.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, please come back soon.
    I am your newest follower, I look forward to the progress on the kitchen.. Please considering following me as well. thanks, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love every detail in those kitchens that you love. Great minds think alike? LOL. I, too, am a copycat decorator. I think it's divine inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Bonnie! You are doing an amazing job. Your kitchen is going to be fantastic. I am really looking forward to seeing your granite counter painting....I have never seen that done before.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your kitchen is going to be beautiful! I love the beadboard on the sides of the cabinets. I can't wait to see it all completed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Howdy Bonnie
    This was my first visit and I am blown away ! How truly awesome is your blog and all the amazing things that you are taking on !
    I feel so inspired to take a new look at my cheap rental and find out what can be done .
    Thank you so very much for the much needed inspiration !
    Big Hugs from Texas
    Until we meet again
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your choice of hardware. It looks like you have a great deal of work ahead of you, but in the end you'll have a warm and inviting kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bonnie I'm catching up on my reading and whew have you been busy, I just love your inspiration and think I need to steal some of those ideas myself, guess we have the same identical taste! Your kitchen is coming along so nicely I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails