Monday, November 29, 2010

More Crafting Projects!

I decided Saturday morning that I was going to get up early and hit as many thrift stores as I could find for some kitchen accessories.  I was having the whole family over yesterday for our Thanksgiving and I wanted to put some finishing touches on the kitchen makeover.  I probably should have stayed home and finished my curtains!!  Here is a peek at what I did get done of my curtains!!


I found a few things at the thrift stores, but not many for the kitchen!  I came across these large glass candlestick holders for $1 each. 

I already had these vases from Dollar Tree for $1 each.


I remember seeing hurricane glass candle holders made from these over at the blog, 320 Sycamore.  I have some different ideas of how I will use these for Christmas on the mantle!  I think they turned out nice and I like the size of the bases with the vases. 


I also found some more winter/Christmas dishes for $1 each and decided to make the tiered trays for my sister/mother in-laws!  I know, I have gotten carried away with a good thing! 


I like the candlesticks to be red so I painted them.  Gives it more of a holiday feeling!!


You sure have to move fast when using the glue gun!  I almost didn't get one of them on in time!!


Very nice!!  For $3 and my time, I made them each smile!  I hope they enjoy them and think of me each year when they put them out with cookies!!  Too cute!!
I still have to finish another valance and another panel before I take some pictures of the kitchen to show you.  We need the trim around the top of the cabinets but I don't think I can wait until Mr. Creative finishes that before I show everyone!!  Just like me, it is a work in progress!!!

I am linking up to Carries first ever linky party called Amaze Me Monday!  Please stop by and show her some attention as well as the other wonderful ideas!!



Thank you for stopping by and may each of you have a blessed day!!
Bonnie

17 comments:

  1. Bonnie, the curtains look great. Love that fabric and your kitchen looks so much better. How did hubby like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one great idea after another! I love everything about your curtains... the color, the fabric, and the style!

    Thank you for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.

    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great fabric Bonnie! I was thinking of spray painting some of the clear candlesticks white ~ did it go on well? I could just see it scratching off, which I hope it doesn't do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling fabric, Bonnie. Hope your Thanksgiving dinner went well. Was the family really surprised by the difference in your kitchen? hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful surprise gift! I love crystal, so I would have a hard time painting it! The fabric for your curtains is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is really looking beautiful, Bonnie. I love your fun red curtains. You're a busy gal these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooo, love the tiered trays!!! I especially like that you painted the center glass holder red. It really does give it that "pop" of color!!!! VERY GOOD JOB!!!!! Hmmm, maybe I'll stop by GW on the way home to see if I can find any Christmas dishes. Thanks for sharing the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, the curtains are looking great! I can't see that you have much more to do. Also, I love how you painted the candlesticks!

    Glad I stopped by, and I look forward to seeing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so good Bonnie. I love the curtains and the rooster fabric is perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Bonnie....everything is looking great from your craft projects right down to your curtains.

    Enjoy your evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jars and tiered servers! Perfect for Christmas. Your curtains look cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Bonnie! I'm loving how your window treatments are looking and that was such a great "tease" of your kitchen! It is looking just beautiful! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great ideas, and gotta love those thrift store finds! Love those rooster curtains. Great job! I am a new follower now, stop by and visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful hurricane lamps. I'm going to try and make some, too. I love the prayer plaque over the door, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are killing me!!! I want to see all of it together! I can't wait!!!! I am going to find me some plates and make that stand. That is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of it! I saw the same post at 320 Sycamore and went to the DS to get the candles. Picked up a pair of Hurricanes at the GW, too. I love your tiered cake plates. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails