Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Keeping Me Honest!

I thought I better do a small post just to let everyone know that I am STILL working on the kitchen!!  It is coming along quite nicely!


Here you can see that I have painted the walls a milk chocolate brown.  What a yummy color!!!  Definitely makes the cabinet color look much better!  I also painted the ceiling and it sure needed it!  Nice and fresh!  The inside of the cabinets have all been cleaned and decluttered!  That is a good feeling!


You can see that I still have the back splash to complete.  I purchased the tin tile embossed paintable wallpaper yesterday at a store that is about an hour away from my home.  Now days you can't find much choice of wallpaper in stock.  I should have ordered it but didn't think about it in time.  I really want to finish it up.


Remember this inspiration picture of how I am going to make it look like copper.  Wish me luck!!


I have also sanded the counter tops and given them a coat of oil based primer.  Very smelly!!  Luckily, yesterday it was a crazy 70 degree day here in Missouri.  So I painted them with the windows open and left town to get my wallpaper!!  I am going to do the faux painting with glaze today.


Here is a sneak peek at my black base cabinets!  I did some distressing and painted the handles in a copper.  I really like how they turned out!


I still need to sew my window panels for the patio door and the valances for the two windows.  Here is the fabric and lining that I am going to use.  Hopefully I can get this done before Thanksgiving that we have on Sunday!


Last, I purchased these two area rugs from Walmart online only.  It is hard to tell in the picture but it has brown, ivory and gold squares which matches our colors.and looks even better in person!  I bought a round one for under my round breakfast table and a runner for in the kitchen.  I still have to clean and paint the grout to get rid of the mauve color grout!!!


Okay, this is keeping me honest!!  This evening, Mr. Creative is going to hang my new light fixture and make bigger holes in the drawers for my new cup pulls.  Back to work now!  

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and inspiration!!!
Bonnie

19 comments:

  1. Bonnie- It is looking phenomenal! I love what you have done. Can't wait to see the wallpaper on the backsplash. I'm sure you know to seal it good...I have had wallpaper behind the counter in other homes that wasn't sealed..what a mess!

    Anyway, the cabinets turned out great! And I love your fabric for your curtains. Can't WAIT to see it all done! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's coming together. I like the black cabinets... it takes guts to distress something like that!! Good luck on getting everything finished before all the company arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible, absolutely incredible transformation. So beautiful and I love it that you are posting as you sort of finish each update so that we can see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a grand job. Love it. The black cabinets look awesome! Love the rug and your valance fabric is great. Wow, you are so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is going to look FABULOUS! I love the two different colors of cabinets you have going on there. And the copper backsplash is going to look so amazing.

    I spotted 3 rolls of that embossed wallpaper at a re-store not long ago for $5 a roll, and I passed it up. I've regretted it ever since. You'll have to tell us how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new wallcolor...it looks stunning with your cabinets! Can't wait to see your backsplash project complete! I love the inspiration pic you showed too :o) Everything looks fabulous!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks great so far! yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking fabulous! Can't wait to see the counters and the back splash!

    You sure have been one busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are progressing so amazingly well, time wise, IMOP! No need to talk to us about being honest, OMG Woman! Love those black cabinets even more then the first time I saw them now that you distressed them so beautifully. It's going to be all finished and so rewarding soon. I can hardly wait, I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving everything you are doing. Can't wait to see your new, lovely updates.

    ~ Lisa from Indiana ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good!! Can't wait to see it once it's complete.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie~ It is looking gorgeous! Truly, your cabinets look fabulous and I love the paint color and the fabric for your window treatments! I cannot wait to see it all put together!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so much work, but everything is coming together perfectly. I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie, I'm so impressed with your painting skills! You are so brave to tackle the entire kitchen, including the counters. I can't wait to see it finished! So far it's looking great! I really like the wall color. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Bonnie I am very anxious to see this project now...it looks fantastic so far. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the chocolate brown paint :) It looks like my 2 bedroom accent walls and I simply LOVE IT! The black cabinets are FABULOUS!!!! Great job!!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing come together.
    Love,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Bonnie! Your kitchen is looking great! I love the way the black base cabinets turned out!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like your kitchen is coming along great! Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi. I am your newest follower from Festus MO! I wanted to get the black paint color yous used on your kitchen....love it!

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails