I purchased this set of furniture for $60 and planned to do a makeover and sell the pieces individually. Yesterday I showed you the small french provincial dresser that I did a makeover on for our master bedroom. I am also working on a little girls desk that I still need to upholster the seat on the chair. However, I did finish this chest of drawers today.
Here is a picture of it before without the drawers. I removed all the hardware and soaked in TSP to remove any dirt and oil. After cleaning the chest, I sanded and primed with Kilz oil base primer. I sanded again and gave another coat of primer.
I then painted it black. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do with each piece to sell and it seems that everyone really likes the black right now.
I put two coats of minwax paste sealer on it and buffed it a lot. I think it needs a little more buffing to get a few streaks out.
I used Krylon satin nickel finish paint on the hardware. I think it complements the black really well. The below picture is closer to the actual color. The flash made it lighter in the above pictures.
So I guess all I need to do now is list it on Craigslist! I'm a little scared that it won't sell but I really only have about $30 in it so I should be able to sell and make a little money for my time. I actually enjoyed doing it so that would be great to make money doing something you enjoy!!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!Bonnie