Friday, July 9, 2010

Moss Craft Project


I have seen some blogs with topiary style containers using moss. I got a wild hair and did a little research about using real moss since we have more than we want on our property. I also didn't have any faux moss and didn't want to spend any $$$$$!

I started with this ugly, dirty, greenish gold container. I can't remember now what I paid for it at the thrift store but I am thinking it was probably $1.


I gave it a quick spray of white paint and some brown glazing. Looks better...


I then found a half ball of Styrofoam that had little kid finger imprints on it at Wal-Mart clearance aisle for .75!


I attached a spread of moss that I pulled from the yard and wrapped it around the foam ball. Rather simple looking but I really like that about it!!


I read that it may just need a misting of water occasionally. We'll see how it works for now! So for about $1.75 and a little left over spray paint, I have this simple look. Now just need to figure out where I want to put it!!

I am linking up to debbiedoos garage salen party for this weekend! Everyone finds some really great things so make sure to stop by and visit!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Well I think it is fantastic! WHo would think you could use real moss? I would have never thought of that! Awesome job Bonnie! Have a great weekend! and thanks for joining in. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great! isn't it amazing what a little paint can do? i love this new way of thinking. and i love that you used a real plant from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Hey, I thought I had your blog on my blog roll, but I guess I didn't save it. I have it now.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love moss and am always looking for new ideas on how to use it. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project and it looks fantastic!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! It turned out great.
    I would be lost without my spray paint and my glue gun!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, what a great deal, we don't mind little finger prints, for the right price!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great!!! Love the price too sista!

    Keep on Junkin'!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your moss project! It turned out so great - so elegant!

    Thank you SO much for stopping by and your sweet comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie,

    I love the real moss...you are so creative! I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the urn better white! You can see the floral detail much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie~ this looks fabulous! You did a wonderful job on the container, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have given me the best idea! I love this pretty moss vase Bonnie. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of the details in the urn--nice job. That's funny about the styrofoam too :).

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails