Thursday, July 15, 2010

CraigsList LOVE!

I know you would rather see what I am doing with the things I am accumulating instead of just showing you what I am purchasing!! I am accumulating alot of PROJECTS!

For awhile now, I have been working on my family room makeover. This takes time you see when you have no money! Unemployment drives people to be quite thrifty! Anyway, so far I have painted the 2 story living room, wallpapered one small accent wall, made over the armoire, recovered 2 lamp shades for CL lamps I bought and painted the other lamps I already had.

I still need to reupholster 2 chairs and a sofa, paint two end tables and purchase a dresser and a display cabinet!!

Well, CHECK...I found a dresser that will be perfect and meets my price range. Wait for it....wait for it...

$15!!!!!!!




So what do you think?? I know it needs some work but it is very sturdy. I will take some better pictures when I get it home. Need the hubby for that one! I am thinking stain on the top and a distressed finish on the bottom.

It will provide the storage I want for all my photo boxes and pictures that are taking up room in the "EVERYTHING" closet. I want to use the closet for a 2nd pantry. I am so excited and once everything is done on the rehab house, I can get back to work around here!!

I am linking up to 504 Main for her Tickled Pink party!


504 Main

18 comments:

  1. Way to go Bonnie! That was a steal and it looks like a great quality piece. Score!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal you got. Yes,the dark top and painted bottom sounds good. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Girl I love it and the price I love even more...I have yet to buy a thing off CL but have seen so many wonderful things I have no room at the Inn for...Hope your having a GREAT week my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished project! I'm soooo addicted to Craigslist. I'm accumulating projects also. This week has been good. A total of $90 for a dining room table and chairs and 2 chairs that I am going to reupholster. Pretty good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, looks like a great find! and what a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you got a great deal on this one. I've never bought anything on Craig's list, but I have fun browsing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great buy Bonnie!!! I love Craig's List!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buy! Can't wait to see what you do with it. BTW, Thanks for being my first follower! I hope I don't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to see it all prettied up!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that is amazing! i've been around your previous posts too and i can see you have some great buys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, I love it! It is going to be one amazing makeover. What a great price.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie,

    You got lucky with that dresser. I love craigslist. I've found some great things on there but it has been more miss that hit lately. Have a great weekend.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I thought I commented on this yesterday but apparently not... Great find! love the detail on the top drawers.

    Also, just wanted to let you know that I am having a giveaway on my blog. Would love for you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I can see why you were tickled pink! I can't wait to see all you're going to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie that is one gorgeous dresser! Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really??? $15?? I need to get on Craigslist more. This was a great find! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my light box tutorial. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a deal! That's a big dresser you got for $15! Can't wait to see it all painted.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a deal. I am on the hunt for a cool dresser - the detail on the top is fabulous. I cannot wait to see what you do to it!

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails