Friday, June 25, 2010

What a Surprise for Me!

One Sunday, the honey and I took a break after church and my being at the hospital with my mom. We stopped at a flea market, which we found NOTHING! Then we stopped at the local "junk" store. I don't know if people just drive up and drop stuff off or what. There is always something outside whether it is raining, sleeting or snowing! On the inside you can actually buy some groceries and rent videos if you can find anything behind the "junk" treasures! I would NEVER buy any food there. YUCK!

Well, I found an old, rusty kitchen scale sitting in the back. No price, like everything in this place. I wanted it but figured it was too rusty and he probably wanted too much for it. I put it back....I know, why did I put it back????? We left after my honey found a machetti! Not really sure what he needs a $4 machetti in the yard but hey, to each his own!



Well, I couldn't stop thinking about that scale. The next day I asked the hubby to stop by after work and find out how much they wanted for it. Well, he didn't have enough time to stop. I let it go and figured I find another one sometime.



Last night, my honey asked me to pick up the mail off his front seat because his hands were full. Look what was sitting there waiting for me!!!! I was smiling all the way back into the house. Told him it was the nicest thing he has ever done for me. (Now that is sad and definitely not true!!) I was thrilled! What a guy! I just love him!!



Isn't she a beauty???? He said he tried to get him down to $3 from $5!! Can you believe that??? I was embarrassed to think about it! I was thrilled with $5!

After some sanding, rust proofing and painting, she will look old but new again!! Supposedly Polly Prim by Simmons Hardware Company is a collector item. Beats me, I just like her for being her!! My youngest son said that we paid $5 too much for that piece of rusty junk....kids these days!


House of Grace for Bonnie's
HouseofGrace


I am linking to Debbiedoos Loves Livin in the Carolinas for her garage salen party!!



I am also linking to Holly's 504 Main for her Tickled Pink party because I am tickled pink that the honey bought this for me!!!
504 Main

23 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of your husband! Isn't it nice when they do those little surprises! If men only realized that is what made us happy!!! I love your rusty old scale and one day your boys will be fighting over it as they remember how much mom loved it! Where is it going? The kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool husband Bonnie...I have to say that is something my husband would do for me. THat is a cool scale...certainly and oldie but goodie. THanks for joining in on the party...have a great weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. applause for the "great Hubby" ~!!
    Oh I love those scales.. talk about getting a terrific bargain, well you sure did this time. Those things are like houndsteeth to find at any price. I am soooooooooooo happy for you...

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat, I love how these old pieces add such character to a space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet husband you have. He sounds like a keeper. I love these old scales and I have been looking for one myself. Great find and at a fantastic price.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie,
    That was so sweet of your hubby to surprise you with the scale! What a great deal, too! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet man! And so nice of him to suprise you with the way he did too! I like the size and shape of your scale, can't wait to see it after you work your magic on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a new follower. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to "meet" you!

    I want to tell you, I recently found a scale as well at a yard sale for $4.00! I was in heaven when I spied her and can't wait to put her in the kitchen when I get the walls painted.

    Stop by again, I will be sure to visit you often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there. Love this story. And love the scale! I had a black one, and SO regret getting rid of it. I am on the hunt for another. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scale and what a sweet surprise from your husband! I am a new follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's official. You got the deal of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower.It's great to meet a fellow blogger and thrifter.

    Blogging is brand new for me. I have no clue what I'm doing but I'm having fun anyway. I am a new follower too.

    Your really scored on your find. Those things are almost impossible to find and pricey! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was so sweet of your husband! I am really liking your scale! I always find those things down in the southern part of my state... not so much here

    but anyway! Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That scale is awesome! What a hubby! I love surprises like that! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am your newest follower,too! I love blogging and all the ideas and inspiration out there...Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is too sweet! Your husband is a gem! I love it too! Can't wait to see how you transform it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonnie, what a great guy and what a deal. You could leave it rusty you know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a sweet hubby you have! that little scale is full of character, even as is. i also like the bright yellow you painted that lantern. great job.

    thank you so much for following my blog, the cape on the corner. i truly truly appreciate it. i will have another free goodies post on monday-i am having some good luck on that front, it seems! i can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your scale and so glad you got it. Phooey on those young kids. Mine used to hate the "old" stuff in our house when they were young. Now....that they are all grown up...guess what? ....they have the collecting bug too. :) come for a visit when you have time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a find, Bonnie! It is funny, when you think about it, how we appreciate old, rusty treasures now. I have a few things scattered thru my yard that I just leave rusty. Haven't painted them and they just sit there and add character.

    Love the rooster sitting behind the scale too! Thanks for stopping by this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome scale... and what a sweet hubby you have. He sure scored some brownie points for that one I am sure.

    Oh you can't paint it... clean it up and seal it, the rust is all part of it's charm. I have several of these and I just clean them and leave them as is. Oh that sounded bossy didn't it?, sorry...lol

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome find!!!!! I'm your new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great hubby you have and what a fun surprise! I love the scale with all its aged character.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That would tickle mm pink...no make that fuchsia! What a great find and what a great hubby for doing that.

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails