Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family Emergency



As you know I was heading to Nashville for 3 days to enjoy all the festivities and country stars for the CMAFest. However, I guess it wasn't meant to be for me. My poor mother was taken to the hospital from the nursing home as her heart rate was double what it should be and therefore it wasn't pumping the fluid away from the lungs.

They are trying to get the rapid heart rate and irregular rhythm under control. They are treating her for pneumonia and the fluid is down on her lungs which is good. She is very tired but still her sassy self as she asks them if they want a knuckle sandwich whenever they tell her to do something. She did pull the IV's out during the night and the nurse said it looked like a murder happened in the room with all the blood. She has been pleasant with them but with dementia, she doesn't remember the call button and forgets where she is at. Any extra prayers would be greatly appreciated as I know God is listening!!

I did have to go to Nashville yesterday as I had the tickets for the first concert in my name and since my girlfriends and I were all meeting there, there was no way for them to pick them up. So I left about 12:30 yesterday, went to the concert, went to bed at 3am, got up at 5:30am and drove back home. Got home about noon!

I am going to refresh myself and head up to the hospital and relieve my brother! When my friends get back, I will share their pictures and mine so you will still get the whole adventure.

Take care and I will post later this weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, best wishes for your fiesty Mom.....She sounds like a real pip, and I am sure she will pull out of this in no time. Take it easy yourself my friend...and be careful with all this driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope mom is ok, I am going through the same thing with my mom,but she is still home with us. She is so forgetful that sometimes I just can't understand why this happens? So your not alone!and my neighbors dad also the same! We should start a support group :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your mom! She looks spunky in that photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie! So sorry to hear it! Hopefully there will be another time in Nashville for you! I will definately pray for your mother and for you too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. It is tough, but I am so grateful you have family around you to help out. I know you are exhausted, but I bet you had a wonderful time at the concert! I almost got to be a seat filler one year. My friend's husband is Ricky Van Shelton's manager and he tried to get us in! Faith would have had to rip me off Tim! Hope you mom is doing better soon. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. I just stopped by for a "visit" and am so sorry to hear about your dear mother. I hope that she is improving, comfortable and still her "feisty" self.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I'm so glad you came by. I've been busy, busy, busy with my 6 year old grandson, Cole...he keeps me on the move!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom but boy I must say her fiesty attitude will keep her strong:)
    I hope you had a bit of fun at the concert, you deserve it girlfriend!
    Hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you right now.
    Just remember to take a breath every once in a while...

    Most sincerely, Terry

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails