Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back Deck Reveal!

Well, I showed you all the work we did on the front porch and now I will show you the back deck. We moved our patio set to the driveway and I got started staining the deck in the redwood. I really like the color pop in the back of the house.


It took me about three 8 hour days to complete by myself. My boys were sick and my honey was working. I power washed it and stained it. Two coats on the floor.

I showed you how bad our patio set looked. A lot of rust cancer.


Then I attacked the old patio set. My honey showed me how to use this evil looking power tool...


It was connected to this contraption of an air compressor.


It spinned really fast and I had to wear protective eye wear. I should have wore jeans as the rust chips were flying off and hitting my legs! However, you can see how well it worked here on the arm of the chair!


There are six chairs and a table. I wore the metal off the tool by the time I was done. Then I wiped them all down and sprayed them with the rust primer.



After priming, I let them dry for an hour and then sprayed them with this olive green. Two cans of primer and seven cans of paint later...

I think it matches the cushions that came with the set really well!


A view of the deck from the woods! Not that anyone sees it but us! Now you can see a better shot of color from the yellow lantern!! I also see one strip of railing that I missed when painting!! UGH! I thought I was done!! Funny what you see in pictures that you miss with the eye!


Doesn't the set look nice now sitting here on the deck? I like the color so much better and not having to deal with the rust is even better! Now I just need to find a deal on some planters to add some flowers to the deck!



I hope you enjoyed day two of the outside reveal!! I still have the mulch job to show you but my honey wants to frame it with rocks to hold the mulch inside. Not sure when that is going to get done!

Thanks for stopping by and come back again to have some sweet tea!!

21 comments:

  1. It looks awesome Bonnie! I love that olive color, I actually was going to use it once, and picked up my yellow instead....now that I see it, I really like it!!~Thanks for your support and encouraging words on the Oprah gig!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really worked your magic on that outdoor set. looks great, and brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet Bonnie. I will be adding you to my TEAM LAURA sidebar. Thank you so much.
    You made me smile as you currently listed my cousin's name. :)
    It happens all the time.
    Be blessed,
    Laura Ingalls GUNN Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura! See what happens when a person does things at 5:30 in the morning???? Just typing and not thinking! I fixed it and am sorry! You are such a great sport!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie I love your dining set! You did an excellent job on the restoration too! I've never seen that kind of metal sander! Cool! Your deck is looking great! Time to enjoy it with a dinner or two outdoors now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie,
    Your patio set looks outstanding! Did you rent that tool for getting all the rust off?

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful deck to show off your new patio furniture. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Fabulous job! I bet you are happy that it is done. That is a big job! Now just sit out there and enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohh-i will be over for lunch out on that deck! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you did a great job! Lots of hard work but the finished product is absolutely beautiful!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog,

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You did a beautiful job! I can't believe you did all that by yourself! You are a rock star;)!

    I love the table and chairs they look gorgeous with their new coat of paint! I hope you are getting some rest after doing these huge projects!

    Everything is wonderful!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice size deck. I love the green color you used on that set. How nice to have room for a table that size.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, Your deck and patio set look brand new and look terrific!
    Thanks for the nice comment on my Home Tour. Hopefully we can sell our house and find a new one in the next 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks brand spankin' new!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Bonnie,

    Thanks for visiting my other blog today. Your deck looks gorgeous. I'm so envious. We need to have a new one built.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Impressive! The deck looks great. We power washed and restained our deck a few months ago and it was like a birthday present!

    You did a great job with the furniture...that is my next project too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks fantastic Bonnie!!!! I love the green on the chairs and the red just really pops and looks beautiful. You deserve a vacation!

    Question for you. I snatched to metal lanterns from my neighbors garbage! They are super rusty. Can I just spray the rust primer or do I have to sand them down? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks fabulous! Your deck furniture looks like new! You did a good job (and I know it was a lot of work) on the whole makeover. Beautiful!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  19. The furniture looks amazing - you got to just love spray paint! And I am so impressed you got all of the rust off...I will have to keep this in mind.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bonnie, that all looks SO good. I'm impressed with a lady who can use power tools and still be a lady. (I usually leave the tools up to my honey...I'm just a little too clumsy).

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS! IT TURNED OUT SO BEAUTIFUL!
    OH MY GOSH I SO WISH WE LIVED CLOSER THAN 2000+ MILES, WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!
    I thank you too for showing the can of "rust primer" as I have an old ice cream set (table and chairs) to refinish and my husband keeps telling my I need to sand blast it first...nope I'm buying that stuff:)
    Take girlfriend,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails