Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thrifty Shopping...at Goodwill

Debbiedoos is having a new party every Sunday over at her blog



for all of us to show off our thrifty finds from the weekend!

So, I thought I better put a post together of some things I found at the Goodwill store.

Here we have two cloches that were $2.49 each! I thought that was a good price but later at another store I saw just the glass for .49. I should have bought it but figured I was getting carried away!

I bought this little candle stand as I want to mount the cloche on top of it. It was only $1.49!

Then for whatever reason, I decided that this paper towel holder had possibilities!! I think I can paint it real nice to go in my French Country/Old World kitchen that I hope to be working on before Thanksgiving!!

I already transformed these salt and pepper grinders so I am sure I can come up with something for the paper towel holder!




I have high hopes for this picture of the Declaration of Independence. It was $6 but I am sure I can use the frame elsewhere!

I just think it is so cool! It is already "old" looking so it won't take much for me to do something with it!
The chair is pitiful!! My husband found a matching pair these on the side of the road and brought them home. I am getting ready to upholster them so I will show them at a later date!!


I am thinking of using just the print and mounting it on a board, making the board look old, and hanging it in our living room. We'll see what happens!

Last but not least is this chair!
I paid $7.99 for it and it is very dirty! I plan to recover the seat and use it in my sewing/craft room that I am making kind of more feminine!!

I hope you have enjoyed my buys and I can't wait to show you the transformations!!


I am linking these thrifty buys to Today's Thrifty Treasures over at
southern hospitality


Reinvented for

20 comments:

  1. WOW the chair, I am so jealous over that! The cloche that was a good price regardless, they are expensive in stores. Great finds Bonnie, and I thank you for linking up to my first party:) Looking forward to having more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' the chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok girl YOU got some great buys, I love what you did with your grinders, wow that was great. Love you blog glad to have found you! I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds!! Can't wait to see them transformed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that chair, it would go so well with my other cane furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chair is fabulous! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see all of your transformations! That chair is awesome!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you got that chair for $7.99!!! It has such great possibilities! All your Goodwill goodies are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, that chair will look great I am sure when you get a hold of it. What a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so jealous of you right now. I have been looking for a set of cane back chairs like that forever. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comments on my yard sale finds! You did pretty well yourself! I keep hoping to find some of those cheese plates also but they just aren't showing up at our GW. Looks like you've got the makings for some neat cloches there! Also, really like that declaration of independance there too! Good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great finds there, love the chair. I can't wait to see it in your craft room. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can NOT WAIT to see what you do with that chair!!!

    What a price@!!! Great lines!!!

    Hugs, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie,
    I know that chair is going look outstanding when you get your hands on it...great find for $7.99!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, I love the chair too!! It's so fun shopping at Goodwill. It's like a treasure hunt everytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the chair. How pretty! You did find some really neat things. Are you going to change the chair? Can't wait to see it. Thank you for stopping by junkblossoms. Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That chair has got some GREAT possibilities! What a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I especially love that chair! I only hope I can find one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely scored with your finds - that chair is amazing! And for the price...love it!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh my, What a great deal you got on the chair. Our thrift shops never have decent furniture.
    Congrats on all your finds!

    ReplyDelete

I know how busy you are and appreciate that you are taking the time to leave me a comment! God Bless! Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails