Saturday, January 12, 2013

Worry & Panic

Worry...does nothing and changes nothing.


I'm in a bit of a panic because of this social security and payroll taxes for 2013. My husband and I haven't received our first checks for the new year yet. However, many of our friends and family have received their checks and what they are saying has me in a panic.



We are all just average income families and they are finding that they are losing on average, $400 per month for a two income family! I'm not sure how we will cope with losing that much money.


Did I already tell you that I'm in a panic????

I keep reminding myself that God would tell me not to worry or panic.

Philippians 4:6-7 tells me, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."



Tonight I'm going to relax and pray while reading this scripture passage. I'm going to be grateful that my husband and I have decent paying jobs instead of worrying. There are many that don't have a job and have much more to worry about financially. We will make it, somehow.

It's time to be even more frugal and button down any extra spending. God will make do with what money we have.


Worry and panic are being replaced faith and obedience.

We will survive!

I'm linking to Linda's Gratitude Sunday at A La Carte.

God's Blessing to everyone!

Bonnie


9 comments:

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Hi Bonnie, I'm so sorry you've found yourself in a potentially challenging situation. I saw a quote earlier today that immediately popped into my head. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you. It said "Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell your problem you have a big God." I knew I remembered it for a reason. Yes, we have a very, very big God. Hang in there!

Debbie

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

replace the fear with trust! so many times God has provided for us over and over...not the Government. He is Faithful!

Traci said...

I know how you feel. I've always been a worrier but I've gotten so much better. I read something about how we can say we have faith but if we're worrying about things God controls then that's not faith. It changed how I think about things. I got my first check of the year last week. Ugh! I feel like I've worked harder & more than ever lately & I'm being rewarded with a pay cut. We'll see the damage to Dean's check this week. I'm dreading it because he makes more than me.

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie-I am sorry to hear that- how awful. That is a big chunk of money a month. Let me know when you find out how much the difference is in your checks. I hate all this political crap that causes this to happen. Blessings and I hope you can have a peace-of-mind weekend- xo Diana

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Very difficult. We are constantly thinking about retirement. Students in my high school classes had no idea that most jobs do not provide a retirement plan for anyone anymore. I worry about my girlfriends that do not work and won't even receive the minimum $500 a month. Please don't worry. I am sure everything will be okay! I am so willing to pay more taxes to help with social security. Someone has to pay for it. Feel better. I know my mom worries too.
Karen

Sharing Shadymont said...

God will provide. In my lifetime I've been in places where I thought there was no way I would make it, but I did. My late husband was hospitalized for six months in the 80's, and I had a part-time job making $95.00/week, before taxes, $79.00 bring home. My house payment was $186.00 month, I had an old car and was driving 3 hours each way to visit him in the hospital. I had a teenage daughter in high school. Every month when it would come time for the house payment, I would have the money. When it came time to pay utilities, I would have the money. When I had car trouble, a gentleman fixed the car for me and charged me nothing. God WILL provide. He is gracious and just, and knows our needs before we ask. Have faith, and KNOW He is with you. Praying for our nation!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Bonnie what a great post! So honest and true. When I lost my job a few years ago I panicked! Thinking I couldn't make it...well I did and I still am. I'm retired and live on a small income and I'm also happy. God has shown me I can do and he is with me every step of the way. Thanks for joining Gratitude Sunday! Hugs, Linda

Jemsmom said...

So sorry that this has you in a panic and worried. I understand completely where you are coming form. Hang in there and keep on praying!

Kelly said...

I have to agree with you that it is best to try not to worry or panic and have faith that everything will be ok. This is something that we don't have any control over right now. So much for Congress doing their job! They should've worked out everything earlier before they were up against the deadline so maybe this tax increase could've been avoided in the first place. It seems they were too caught up in the election going on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails