Friday, November 16, 2012

Master Bedroom and Bath In Process

Wow! Blogger has changed some since my last post! Hope I am able to get my pictures posted!

Thanks again to all of you that have taken the time to say "Hi" and wondered how I am. I can't say I will be posting much but did want to do a few posts to let you know what I have been up to lately.

After severely breaking my foot a year ago, I am just now starting to get back to home projects. I am working on our master bedroom/bathroom remodel...on a tight budget. I have been purchasing and collecting decor items for almost three years now.

Here is a boring sight of what the bedroom looked like in it's before state.

BEFORE


Pretty sad, wouldn't you say? Well here is a sneak peek at the first thing I have done...PAINT!


It is a refreshing change! Lighting isn't the best at night but I couldn't wait to take a picture. You can see all the "stuff" laying around because we all know what a disaster zone it becomes when you start on a project.

Here is a picture of the before on our master bathroom.

BEFORE

Nothing too exciting there either. That hunter green sink top and honey oak cabinet was all the rage when we built the house in the early 90's! I tried to tone everything down but after living with it this way for quite a few years, I have had enough. So, I painted the walls, hung my curtain AND since I couldn't afford to replace the sink, I PAINTED it!


I did research on painting cultured marble sinks and found the tub refinishing kits you can buy will work on these fiberglass sink tops. Obviously, this is a work in process! It has to cure for 3 days so I am going to paint the cabinet during those three days.

I know this is just a teaser but I was so excited that I had to share and couldn't wait until it was done! I promise to post more as it is completed and a tutorial along the way.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Bonnie

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Bonnie- I am so happy to see you here tonight. I was wondering how you were doing. I knew that you broke your foot and that it was a long time healing.

Your bedroom looks great- I love the blue. I have painted quite a few sinks (and porcelain tiles) in my time and they hold up well. I don't know what your product suggests but I always used a really good CAR wax on top of the finish. The water would just bead off it then.

Good luck- Can't wait to see it all done. Blessings to you. xo Diana

Jemsmom said...

Hey there pretty lady!!! I have wondered about you! So glad you are doing well and that foot is healing! I love your bedroom and think I may be painting my own a soft shade of blue! I want to feel like I am at the beach! Did you know I moved to Minnesota?? I am not a Charleston beach babe anymore. :-( It is going really well here and we have a lovely new home!

I can't wait to see your bedroom and especially your bathroom!

I can't see Dierks Bentley and not think of you!!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Thanks for not forgetting me, ladies!

Diana, the car wax advice is awesome! Thank you!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, that is going to look so good. I didn't know you could use that paint on the cultured marble either. Can't wait to see your finished work. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Hi Bonnie, I'm sure your room will look really nice when you're finished with it. I've been thinking of painting our bedroom blue too. And I'm really looking forward to seeing your sinks. I've bought the supplies to do the one in my laundry room, but haven't done it yet. Good luck!

Debbie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I can't wait to hear your thoughts. My sink could use a paint job too!

Did I ever answer you about Ceekay? There is now a donate button on the sidebar of my blog made by Marty of A Stroll Thru Life.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails