Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bathroom Vanity Update

I hope everyone had a delicious and family filled Thanksgiving today! We ate plenty of good food, dozed off a little and enjoyed the little ones.

I'm excited about my progress in our master bathroom and wanted to share a few pictures with everyone. Painting the counter/sink a soft white was a risk and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I also painted the cabinet black to have the contrast. Not sure why the walls look like two different shades of blue. The area around the mirror is the closer shade of grayish blue.


I'll give more details later about everything I did but basically there isn't much that didn't get painted! The light fixtures above the sink were painted a bronze finish and I replaced the globes. All the towel bars/hangers were painted ORB. I will take better pictures in the daylight, too!


Wanting something custom to match the window panels I purchased, I was able to combine parts of two drapes into one shower curtain. There is still more to do like pictures, shelving, painting doors, etc. but this is a start.


Things are looking pretty and slowly coming together into what I've been picturing in my mind. There are a few things that I had to modify to make them work for our space but in the end, I think it will work out well for us. I promise to show more later. 



However, here is a reminder of what this sink looked like before...














Another glimpse of the after. Oops! I forgot to put the lid down. Sorry!






Stay tuned for more updates!

I am linking up to One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons!



Have a great day!

Bonnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails