Monday, April 9, 2012

Time Away to Heal...

I have been MIA for a long while now. The reason is because of this wonderful man, my father in law. This was taken at our oldest son's high school graduation.


My last post was in January when my father in law was in the hospital. He was diagnosed with Mesothelioma cancer three years ago. This is a cancer mostly caused by being in an environment where you are breathing asbestos. A silent killer that takes 25-35 years to show up and when it does, it is usually too late. Here he is sharing a moment with Mr. Creative.


He had been receiving chemo treatments for 3 years. He continued his way of life for those 3 years. Still hunting, fishing and camping. It came down to bronchitis that turned into pneumonia. It weakened his body to the point that it couldn't fight anymore. Love this picture of him in his boat with my mother in law and her pink hat!


My father in law passed away on February 4th. I haven't been able to post about it until now. Yesterday was our first holiday/family gathering without him. It was very hard. I kept waiting to hear him tell me I did good with my dinner. He always told me that (as long as it was good)! Here he is at Christmas receiving hunting items for gifts. The best gifts for him!


He was an awesome and Godly man. We know he has a place in heaven. He always tried to do the right thing. Together with my mother in law, they raised 4 kids into outstanding adults. Luckily, I got the best one! I'm sure my other in-laws would object but I know better! I love this 3 generation picture of him with Mr. Creative and our two sons!


We are healing...we all miss him so much. Part of my healing has been to start some projects. I am ready to start blogging again. Maybe not a lot but I have a few things done that you might like to see. Not sure I have too many followers left! Creativity does the heart good.

Come back tomorrow and I will show you one of my projects!

Have a blessed day!
Bonnie

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad to hear from you, Bonnie. I figured you were dealing with your fil's health issues...and most of us do not like to intrude on a time like that.

I know how hard the Holidays are without a special family member...it is like a part of us is missing. Each year it gets a bit easier..and finally we can look back and smile at the remembrances rather than cry for the loss.

Blessings to you and your family. Your hubby has his Dad's sweet face..and I love his apple cheeks! xo Diana

Mama Sue said...

I am so sorry for you and your family.

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

My thoughts and prayers dear girl...I have missed you but knew you were "Out there" some where...take care my friend and many blessings sweetie!!!
Terry

Jemsmom said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry about the loss this great man in your lives. Take care.

Traci said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've said it once & I'll say it again, CANCER SUCKS!!!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Bonnie I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is so hard to loose the rock of the family, I know. But it's almost like we also share a little piece of that strength when we honor and cherish the memories of who they were. I think it's good to keep sharing your memories. You have reminded me I need to do that more with my husband. Being creative definitely helps to heal. I look forward to seeing any of your projects anytime. I would not forget you either!

Michelle Palmer said...

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family~ the same cancer that took my dads life... My mom joined him this past October~ holidays pull at our hearts. I just love that some time during the celebrations~ memories are shared, laughter erupts and there they are... beside us. Wishing you and your family all the best~

Debbiedoo's said...

I am so sorry to hear this Bonnie. I know I am a little late to see this post. I am no longer and blogger and lost my blog roll. I just happened to see this on another blog. Take care my friend. You are missed out here.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just stopping by to say Hi..May you have the best week ever my friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Pothys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

Hi Bonnie. I wanted to stop by and say hi.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I hope the raw wound in your heart is healing just a tiny bit.

Sending a hug and a prayer your way today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails