Saturday, January 7, 2012

Laundry Room Clean Up

Thank you, fellow blogger friends, for all the support and encouragement during this long break.  Trying to get back into a work routine after being home for a couple months with my broken foot has been tough. This last year has been full of changes and it seems my free time has been devoted to cooking and cleaning instead of decorating projects!  I am trying to find some balance.  For those of you that work outside the home and keep your blogs full of interest are amazing to me.  A blog alone can be a full time job!

Over one weekend, we decided to do a clean out of the duct work for the dryer vent.  Dryers are known to cause fires and since I have to use mine while no one is home, we knew it was time.  Mr. Creative and our sons moved the washer and dryer out.  Scary what you find behind and under these appliances!!  Yuck!!  I can't believe I am showing everyone this mess. This was only from 1 year. 


The laundry room was getting cluttered as it is the entry from the garage.  Things seem to get laid and hung in here so Mom can find a place for everything.  Over time, it gets to be too much!!


We purchased a fancy vent sweeper that attaches to a drill and cleans out the duct in a circular motion.  After "sweeping" the duct, Mr. Creative took the air hose on the air compressor and was able to blow all of the loosened lint to the outside.  

While everything was out, I went to town cleaning from ceiling to floor with some good smelling cleaner!!  I even took off the floor vent and cleaned what I could reach in the duct!  Mr. Creative took the dryer apart and cleaned all the lint that was around the motor and in the bottom.  After putting it back together, I was ready for the set to be moved back in place.




Looks so much better and it is so good to know it is all clean and organized!!

I wonder how long it will stay like this????

As you can see, it is time to do some laundry!

Thank you again for your sweet emails and comments over the last few months.  It is amazing how people you have never met can make such difference in your life!  Have a wonderful day!
Bonnie

4 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Glad to see that you are able to move around and do things. It does feel good to have a clean laundry room.

Jemsmom said...

We just painted our laundry room and had California Closets installed and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I also cleaned out when we had the cabinets installed and had to move the washer and dryer. Dis-gust-ing!!!! We need to clean out the vents too. Fires freak me out and I worry about that a lot. I know you are happy to have it cleaned and organized now! I hope you are doing well with your foot!

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- It looks great- Good job done! I am glad that you are getting around and get some things done! I hope your Sunday is filled with blessings- xo Diana

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Hi Bonnie..so great to see you. I had some catching up to do for sure. I am in the process of doing our laundry room too. Yours looks so organized now. Happy New year to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails