Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcome to our Home!

Poppies at Play is having a home tour and I figured this would be easy for me since I already have the pictures loaded from the last year of our home!  Our home is a work in progress because everything I do is on a strict budget.  With my first son going to college in the fall, the money is needed there instead of in decorating!

A glimpse of coming to our home.  Mr. Creative did most of the work himself in building our home which is the only reason we have this house.  I pinch myself when I come home because this is something more than anyone in my family has ever had and it isn't that much!  We put on a new roof since this picture!


When you come in the front door here is the foyer that shows what is most important to us...FAMILY!  I love my train station clock!
 



To the right is our dining room.  I am still going to paint that china cabinet this spring!  I might paint the lower half of the walls...again!



The powder room is just off the foyer.  It is a dedication to my dad!  I miss him so much even after 23 years!  That oval picture of my dad feeding the chickens when he was 4 hung in my grandma's house for 60 years!



This is the family room.  It is still IN PROCESS.  I have so much to do yet!


Here is my very small laundry room!!  But it works for what I need.



Oh, my favorite remodel, the kitchen.  I painted everything from the ceiling, cabinets, counters to the handles.  I am very proud of my hard work here!


Another shot of the breakfast area.  I sewed the curtains too!


Let's go upstairs to my oldest son's room  I now have a lamp shade I like on that lamp!!


A peek at the back deck!



I hope you enjoyed the tour.  I have to "finish" the family room and then start on our master bedroom and bath.  I'm not showing it until it is done!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I love looking at other homes.  I fit perfect in that HGTV commercial of the couple driving around at night to see inside houses for how they decorated!!!  This makes it much easier and safer!!

Please stop by Poppies at Play this weekend!


Have a wonderful weekend!!
Bonnie

19 comments:

SavannahGranny said...

Good morning. I hope you are having a great weekend. You have a beautiful home. You and hubby have done a fantastic job. I don't know what the before looked like but I love your home and landscaping. The rooms you have done are beautifully decorated. Can't wait to see the mbr and bath.

Cindy said...

I just LOVE your kitchen! You did an awesome job with the cabinetry....looks professional to me! I would love to do this same look on my cabinets, but I am such a chicken to take on a project that huge and important.
~Cindy :o}

From the Kitchen said...

Thanks so much for having me over this morning. I enjoyed seeing your home and what you've done with it. We finally had our kitchen cabinets painted last fall and love them!

Best,
Bonnie

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

You have every reason to be proud of your home, and it is very beatuiful. Sooo good to see you back in blog land. :)

Katie said...

Glad to see you in Blogland Bonnie! Your home looks beautiful as always. I hope you are getting to enjoy some spring weather!
--Katie
www.blah2beautiful.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- What fun to take the whole tour with you. I saw it all the first time but piece-by-piece as you went...lovely. You are blessed to have such a wonderful home and a hubby that realized how important it was for you to have it!

I love how warm and welcoming your whole house is..and those dining room drapes? I LOOOOVVVE that material!!! You are seriously going to paint your cabinet/hutch? ooooohh...Well, have fun with that one.

I still can't believe all the work you did in that kitchem..I was there all the way when you did that! SUCH a lot of work but such a big pay-off!

I will be looking forward to the bedroom/bath makeover too. Love you more than ducks love Junebugs! xxoo Diana

Sharing Shadymont said...

Bonnie, your home is lovely. I love the kitchen so much. You did a great job painting. The cabinets are so nice.

Loved your tour!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Bonnie, I always enjoy your home..because everything done to it has been created with love. You do such a great job using a great budget and I think you have so many talents to share with us. Your kitchen is always what makes me in awwwww...I still can't believe what you did to it and how awesome it looks.

Anita said...

Bonnie, it's just beautiful!! I'm loving your kitchen and those pops of red. Beautiful!!!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Your home is so pretty and so cozy! I think my favorite is your kitchen. You did such a fabulous job on that~and the whole house!

DecorandtheDog said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Love your kitchen!

I'm totally that person looking in windows at night. I could care less about seeing the people..just how they decorate. At least blogs make it less creepy! :)

becky said...

Loved touring through your warm and cozy, neat and tidy traditionally-styled home! Loved, too, how you call your husband Mr. Creative. Isn't it great to have a guy like that around the house?

Thanks for stopping by my little winter cottage and making a kind comment :) this house tour thing has been a fun trip! So glad Glenda suggested it to me.

Chandeen @ Designed by Chance said...

Your house is so cute. What a nice place to live.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Just popping over from Poppies at Play. Love seeing your beautiful place without having to leave mine.
Thanks for the tour.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey
#3 (Kitchen tour from my vintage Chicago apartment)

Sunny said...

Good morning! I love your kitchen! It's inspirational, love the cabinets, table curtains, round carpet! Just great! Sunny109

Brittany said...

I am in LOVE with your kitchen redo! What an amazing job!!

Sherry said...

Your home is lovely and thanks for sharing the tour. I love what you did with the kitchen. I have a project ahead of me involving paint and much hard work. We have new countertops but must get at the painting. Thanks for the inspiration.

Andy Porter said...

What a beautiful home you have!! I am such a family person myself, so it warms the heart to see so many lovely touches dedicated to your family. I love that you have a picture of your dad feeding the chickens. I can tell you are a beautiful person inside and out! Love your home! Thanks for linking!

Andy
Poppies at Play

buythebesthome said...

Nice view... I'm hoping to have one someday. I'm from Hyde park Homes..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails