Monday, April 18, 2011

Painting a Table for Outside

I did a little work this week on an old table I had on the front porch.  It was originally a lamp and table in one but the lamp broke.  I thought the table was cute and decided last year to paint it green to put outside.  Well this year I decided it needed to be blue!!

Here is the before from last year:


Not bad but it didn't go as well with our glider and pillows so I pulled out that sample of dusty blue paint.  I gave her two coats and then she looked like this!


Of course, that wasn't enough character!  I had to get the sander out and rough her up a bit!


A closer shot of the distressing.


I am ready for real spring and thought I would get a few things out.  Here she is now, ready for spring!


Just a few birds hanging around!


I like it next to our glider and with the color of the pillows.


Close to the same as last year.  I did pot a few plants yesterday but I will wait to show you more when they start filling out!  Here is just a sneak at one of them!


I am linking to Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch!  Please come on over!

I am also linking to Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday!

Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by!!
Bonnie

19 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is the perfect punch of color Bonnie...I love the blue and the distressing.

Pine Tree Home said...

I love the fact that you are making another room outside. So cozy.

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

The rougher and more distressed, the more I love it! Great job Bonnie.

Gail said...

That looks great, Bonnie! Your porch looks so inviting. I haven't worked on my porches yet. It's pollen season here right now and my porches are yellow...I'll just wait.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Eileen said...

I love your porch room. The whole thing is so comfy and cute. Your table looks great with the little bit of distressing that you did.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, the blue does look better. Goes great with those pillows on the glider. Have a great week.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Bonnie!!! I feel like I am playing catch up these days so I just read through the last few posts and it was so fun to see all of your great projects and hear what is going on in your life. You sound like a busy lady! :-) I love what you did with this table and I also loved seeing your office space. Thank you for your visit recently over at my new "home" At the Picket Fence!
Blessings to you friend,
Vanessa

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- I really loved the green but you are right- with your pillows, etc., the blue goes much better. I love the color too..it is what we always called solider blue. Looks like you are ready for Spring. We just heard that we are getting 6 to 8 INCHES OF SNOW tomorrow! UNBELIEVABLE....I might start swearing! xxoo Diana

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Wow...it looks perfect. I love it with the rug. You can have a lamp on your porch and it doesn't blow away or get wet...lucky you! We get direct wind...and rain. Love the red and blue together

Marianne said...

That is just so pretty. The colors are great. Can't wait to get out and start working on my porches. Just waiting for non-rainy, warmer weather. And I love the rug!
Marianne :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hello Bonnie,
Your little table has great style!

Blessings,
Linda

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Bonnie! I love the blue you choice and I'm not a fan of blue but I can totally see your porch decorated for the 4th of July!! Love it! Happy Earth Day =D

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the new look!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great size table, Bonnie! Love how the blue ties in with all the other blues on your porch.

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hi there Bonnie!!
Just getting around to visit all my blogging friends and had to stop by your blog to see what you've been up to...wow you have been busy girl!
First I love the porch, it makes me want to come sit and have a glass of ice tea with you!
Also I love your office at work! I can't believe they let you fix it up like that, it looks so wonderful which would make it easier to be at work!
You look great to by the way in your profile picture!
Terry

Liz said...

I love the new color and distressed look. Fantastic job, Bonnie! I have the same birds as you....love them! =) XOXO ~Liz

Mrs. DeVore said...

love the color!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Ooh, I like the blue! And I have the same cute green birds in my bedroom! You have excellent taste. ;-)

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

It looks like all you need now is a good book and a glass of iced tea and you'll be all set to relax this summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails