Monday, February 7, 2011

A Touch of Valentine in the Foyer

I'm not much for decorating for these holidays.  I'm more of a Christmas and seasonal decorator.  However, since I was trying to get some new vignettes together after clearing Christmas, I thought I would add just a touch of Valentine's Day to the foyer.

Here is what it looked like before Christmas!


Dollar Tree had these scented rose shaped buds that I thought I would display in my cloche.


Here is the full shot.  We don't have very much room so I am pretty limited!  I found the dove at GW for $1 and I think I might add a little glaze to her in order to tone it down some!


Very simple but it smells good when you walk in!  I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday!




We got about 4 inches of more snow Friday night!!!!  On top of what we still have from earlier last week!  Ugh!!  No more snow, I said!!

I had to transport my mom from the hospital back to the nursing home since Medicare won't pay to transport her since she can "sit up".  Crazy!  She seems to be more alert so I am hoping to see something positive when I stop by there today AFTER my first day of work TODAY!!  I don't have to go in until 10 so I thought I would do a quick post this morning!

Thanks for stopping by and I will let you know how it goes!


Bonnie

16 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Thinking about you guys! That touch of pink is perfect! XO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute vignette and just enough. Good Luck today!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love those pink buds. I don't decorate for V day either really. We barely celebrate it. Our anniversary is a week after so we celebrate then. Glad to hear your mom is doing better again.

Gail said...

Nice touch for Valentine. Good luck and I'll be thinking about you. Glad to hear your Mom is improving.

Enjoy your day,
Gail

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

I don't decorate much for Valentine's either, but this is a nice little touch you added. I bought one of those cloche thingies at Goodwill the other day and can't decide if it's a cheese dish or a cloche or either. How does one know?! Keeping you and your mom in my prayers.
~Crystal

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Oh Bonnie! You do have your hands full! I will keep you in my prayers. Love the rose bud cloche and dove. Simple and cute! Have a great first day! :))

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I think your cloche is so pretty. Very nice decor for Vday!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

So nice to hear your mom is doing better.
Your rosebuds are wonderful under the cloche. Beautiful area and lovely vignette. Hugs, Marty

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

A little touch is all you need, I think. Your rosebuds are just the right little touch, too.

Cindy said...

Looks so nice and adds just the right touch!

NanaDiana said...

I think what you did is just sweet...enough to nod to the Holiday without overdoing it. Those roses LOOK like they smell good!>)

We do a bit of Valentine's Day decorating for the little girls...but other than that we don't really celebrate it much. I think MyHero lost his romantic streak years ago;>)

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I hope work went well. I like your roses under glass, so pretty.

I also hope your mom is better. My mother-in-law went back in the hospital yesterday. She can't walk, but my husband can't seem to get an answer as to why not. His sister just called and said they need to send her to rehab if she ever wants to walk even with a walker. She could walk 2 days ago and the cancer hasn't spread...so??? I appreciate all your advice on yesterday's post. My husband doesn't get to have much input, but we are trying to at least inform ourselves of the options.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Bonnie! Oh, I hope things went well today! Your Valentine vignette is just perfect and I have never done much to decorate for that day either...until I started blogging and now feel like a freak of nature that I only had 1 little Valentine item before! :-) I think yours is just right!
Vanessa

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Bonnie! Just the right amount of Valentine's Day! I'm the same way. Love your lamp and cloche.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Cute roses!! I'm not too much into decorating for Valentine's Day either but adding a little pink here or there would be fun.

I'm done with snow too!! Enough already!!

Sue said...

The hall table looks nice, Bonnie. I don't do anything for Valentine's Day. I'm sure seeing your roses under glass helps to brighten the day when you're under gloomy skies of winter! Do like I will and celebrate V-Day with a piece or two of chocolate! Chocolate is my best friend! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails