Thursday, February 3, 2011

No More Snow!!!!!

Like most of you, I'm DONE!!  My neck hurts, my back hurts and my hand is cramping!!  I can't shovel anymore!!  We got 3" of sleet and then 4" of snow and now below zero temperatures at night.  UGH!!  So I thought I would share my winter wonderland with you!  

Here you see the house with what we could get off of the top of the driveway.  Hoping the sun will melt some of it.


The boys and I dug out our cars and let them run for awhile.  With all that sleet, it was so hard to get doors open and the thick ice off the windows.


Then we moved on to the steep part of the driveway.  Four hours later, here is what we got with help from Mr. Creative!!


It is pretty steep and hopefully we can stop before we hit the trees at the bottom!!!  Here are some just pretty pictures.  Enjoy!




But here is where I rather be...inside next to the fire!!


However, I am venturing out to see my mama at the hospital.  Hopefully they will have taken good care of her while I was snowed in and she is doing better.  Say a prayer or two!!

Have a wonderful day and stay warm!

16 comments:

Decorating the Ville said...

I'm with you Bonnie! Just moved from Texas to Illinois - I've never seen this much snow in my life! Stay warm!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I so agree...we had sleet then snow, now slippery!!
Very sunny here but really cold but I am heading to the dentist (broke a took during the storm) so I am more scared of the dentist than the ice...lol Dianntha

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Pretty pics, Bonnie. You need a big snow scraper tractor thing. Hope you get to your mom safely.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I agree! My windshield wiper fluid has been frozen for 2 days now; so I went through the car wash this morning so it would thaw and I could refill it with -40 deg stuff. Gotta keep a clean windshield!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Oh my goodness....as pretty as it looks, it is some tough stuff to drive in. Been there. Be safe..hope you Mama is doing well.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Be careful girl! I hope you have a good visit with your mama. Your pictures are very pretty! Love the ones with the pretty snow covered branches.

NanaDiana said...

I hope your Mom did okay while you were snow bound. I know how hard that is on you to not be able to check in on her when you want. You did get a lot of snow. I had no idea you had that steep of a drive. Do you have a snow blower? OMG..what a lot of work!

Now...get a nice warm drink and go sit by the fire tonight. Hugs-Diana

Gail said...

Glad to hear and see that you survived the storm. Beautiful pictures.

Enjoy your evening,
Gail

Sonya said...

You did better on your driveway than we did! Of course we had probably 1/4" to 1/2" of ice before our sleet that was on the driveway! Hoping the sun helps it melt even though it's freezing!

Jemsmom said...

Girl! You need a snowblower!!! Take care and stay warm!

Cindy said...

Hope your mom is ok Bonnie! Beautiful pictures...stay warm!!!

Gina said...

Wow! Looks like a lot of work!!! We didn't get any snow, but there is ice and everyone freaking out because there are lots of non-driving fools on the roads...
Anyway, I LOVE your 3rd "pretty picture" of the branches with ice and the gorgeous blue sky at the top, GREAT JOB!

Melissa Miller said...

Stay warm and safe Bonnie. The photos are beautiful and make me long for just one day of it. We don't get all that much here in NC.

Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I must say I am glad I live in the South! I don't think I could handle all that snow. Stay Warm! hugs, Linda

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Bonnie! Wow, that's a lot of snow!! Be safe in your travels :D

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I'm so sick of this weather. We got solid ice and it is too cold to melt! I've fallen twice just going out in the yard! I'll be keeping your mom in my prayers...be careful out there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails