Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mom Update and I am Showing Off!

My mom gave us a scare.  She came through the surgery and recovery but began to have trouble breathing.  Almost like a severe case of sleep apnea while she was awake.  They had to move her to intensive care.  I went to bed about 2am this morning.  I called up there at 6:30 and they said they were just moving her back to her regular room because she was doing better.  So my sister and I will be heading back up there.  

Thank you so much for the wonderful prayers and virtual hugs I have received from my blog friends.  I guess we take it day by day.  Here she was on the left at Christmas LAST year with her sister!



Other news would be that Roeshel from The DIY Showoff has featured my kitchen makeover!!!  I want to thank her so much for this honor and hope all of you have already found her wonderful blog that showcases so many talented people!!!
The DIY Show Off

Thanks again for the prayers!!
Bonnie

12 comments:

Traci said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I'll keep prayer.

CarliAlice said...

I'm so glad that it was only a small scare and they have your mom back in a regular room. I'l be praying for her.

Sailing Simply said...

So good to hear this Bonnie, I will continue to pray for her. Congrats again! You have earned quite the celerity status, but you deserve it too! :))

Lynn said...

I recently found your blog and have been enjoying it so much. Reading about your sweet mama led me to comment for the first time. I am so happy to read that she is doing better and now on the road to recovering from the surgery. I know how scary it is, when your precious mom is ailing.

I added your button to my blog and am looking forward to reading more creative decorating hints through 2011!

Happy New Year!
Lynn

Jemsmom said...

You deserve the award! Your kitchen is fabulous!!! So glad to hear your mom is doing better. I will continue to send prayers your way!

Vanessa said...

Hi Bonnie! I'm so sorry that I missed the post about your sweet mama and her current health issues. I'm keeping her in my prayers and you too! Congrats on the features too, you totally deserve them and I'm so thrilled you are getting the recognition for your hard work! :-)
Vanessa

Gail said...

I'm so glad to hear about your Mom. Congrats on your kitchen feature....you did an awesome job! Keep us posted about your Mom. Will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

Gail

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Hi Bonnie, I am so glad that your mom is improving. Congrats on your feature. You deserve it.

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- You know that I am praying for your Mom and also for you to get through this ordeal. It is so hard to see our parents needing us..as we once needed them, isn't it? Try to get some rest and know that it is all God's hands.

I am SOOOO proud of you for having your kitchen featured! I KNEW YOU WERE GOOD! And I know that you are even better than YOU think you are! Hugs sweetie- xxoo Diana

Allison said...

I'll continue to keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers, Bonnie. I'm glad that the surgery went well. Take care of yourself. Congratulations on your kithcen feature! You did a beautiful job.

Gina said...

I'm glad to hear Grandma is doing ok - I didn't know she fell :(
Love ya,
Gina

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Hi Bonnie, I hope your Mom is doing better since this post. I in fact, came over that day and blogger messed me up, and I never was able to comment. I did see you featured over at DIY and was so very happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails