Monday, January 24, 2011

Lamp Makeover

A while back, I decided to do a makeover on some silver style lamps that we have owned forever!  It was a set of three from Penney's.  This was long before I learned that everything looks more comfortable when things complement each other instead of matching!


I wanted them to have a mottled bronze finish.  So after taping off the glass and things I didn't want to paint, I sprayed them with a satin brown.


I didn't think to take a picture of the next step (before blogging), but I sponged on some red acryllic paint.  It is hard to see the red in the pictures.  After that was dry, I then took the metallic glaze, brushed on and wiped off.  I was really happy with how they turned out!


Here is another shot of the top section.


I bought these lamp shades from Walmart.  They are brown on the outside and gold on the inside.  Here is one of the three.  I like how they turned out.  I didn't paint the inside pole because I figured with it being silver, it was less noticeable through the glass.



As the family room comes together, I will show you the other lamps!!  I am linking to Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch!




I studied decorating pictures all weekend and came up with some ideas for layering in my vignettes.  I have had some wonderful advice from my fellow bloggers that I am incorporating as well.  So I went to some thrift stores but only found a few things.  It is a start, though!  I am going to do a little more today after my interview.

Yes!!!  My interview is today so wish me luck!!
Bonnie

12 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, those look much better in their new color. Those go well with the colors in your home. Good luck with that interview.

Merlin said...

Between Naps sent me over...LUV your "renewed" lamps! franki

Cindy said...

These look so nice! You have inspired me to redo a lamp I have!

Gail said...

Bonnie, the lamp makeover turned out great! Love the color. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the interview.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Jemsmom said...

That looks sooooo good!!! Good luck today!

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart said...

Those lamps look brand new Bonnie! They are just gorgeous and you did a great job!
Vanessa

NanaDiana said...

LOVE the lamp, Bonnie. I can't wait to see everything. And...GOOD LUCK on your interview...I hope it went well! Hugs- Diana

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Hope it went well Bonnie. Love the lamps, everything does flow nicely now.

~ Lisa ~ said...

Love your makeover on your lamps. Absolutely craftastic!

I hope your interview went well, I too, am looking for employment.

~ Lisa in Indiana ~

Pat said...

I like your lamp redo, Bonnie! Beautiful.

It is quite alright to use my photo and link. Thanks so much for asking. I appreciate!

~ Lisa ~ said...

Congratulations on the Job Bonnie. I think it helps if you know someone or one of your friends knows of someone, it's all about networking these days. I did, however, get a call today for an interview on Friday so I am seeking prayers please. YES... it sounds like your hubby and mine are about the same. My husband is loves to hunt and has every since he was young. He doesn't kill anything he doesn't eat though. I love that about him. He doesn't kill for the thrill. Thanks for stopping by my lonely lil blog and leaving a comment. Brightened my day so much.

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the lampshade on these lamps.


lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails