Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm in a Funk and Trying to Find my Way Out!!

I know you have all been there!!  I am calling it Blog Block!  It is a vicious circle of not having time to do projects and therefore running out of things to blog about.

For those that have been asking, my mom is back at the nursing home but I really can't say she is doing very well.  Her sister is there also and they both have dementia with severe short term memory loss.  Well, my aunt took the railing down and tried to get my mom up out of bed at 11:00 at night.  Needless to say, she was found laying on the floor with my aunt looking guilty.  Nothing was hurt but she just isn't functioning.  We'll just keep praying for her.

Good news is that I have an interview on Thursday for the part time accounting job in the investment division for an order of nuns.  A lady I used to work with at Citi would be my boss so I am quite optimistic about it.  However, we are supposed to get 6 inches of snow that day!  Crazy!  Wish me luck!

Okay, back to my house!  Finally, all the Christmas gear is organized and put away.  It is a miracle!  However, this is what I am left with...
blank flat surfaces!







Can you say BORING?????

And then I have all this to look through and figure out what to do with it so it won't be so boring!



I also bought this little desk for $20 on Craigs List.  As you can see it was in the garage one day too long and now has become a dumping spot!!


I am trying to decide on a paint color (black or red or maybe green) and then put it in this newly opened area of my kitchen.


I also want to paint this table and chairs a distressed yellow...


I think I have myself overwhelmed...I need a helper!!!

17 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Bonnie we have all had that block. Then all a sudden the ideas just start flowing. Good luck on the job, sounding very promising indeed.

Gail said...

Been there and have felt the same way you are feeling right now! Once you get started, it will all start coming together. Good luck on the job interview.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart said...

I completely relate Bonnie! I made up my mind that after Christmas I would not make myself crazy trying to get everything back in order right away but just take one thing every day to work on and turn a blind eye to the rest! Even your cleared off surfaces look beautiful! :-) I think this is definitely a "funky" time of year though for a lot of us. I hope and pray that the job interview goes well!
Blessings,
Vanessa

Traci said...

I'm so glad your mom wasn't hurt. That's really lucky! Good luck with your interview!

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Hi there Bonnie, I am so sorry for what you are going thru with your mom and aunt. Working as a nurse for seventeen yrs I have seen the emotional toll that it can take on the families. Will be saying prayers for all of you. As far a block, lol I have plenty to do, but look where I am (on computer). I need a helper too (along with some motivation)! So if you find one, send them my way when your finished with them. Good luck with your interview :)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

I know what you mean, I need a helper too. I can only focus on thinking of all I want to do most of the time. Haha! I am so sorry to hear about your mother and her sister. That is scary. I hope the home is going to watch the two of them a little closer now. I had hoped to be out of the house by now already but youngest son just came home from school sick. Looks like Mom duty for me today. I will be praying for you about the job!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Hang in there! I know your creative juices will start flowing soon! Sounds like you already have some fun things in mind!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Good luck with the job! And the blogger's block. I'm sure you'll break through it soon.

Honey at 2805 said...

After the jobs you have undertaken, I just can't believe that you would be overwhelmed! That's impossible.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sorry you are in a Funk but I find myself there with you. Not sure why but I know it will change. I'm glad your Mom wasn't hurt in the fall. It's hard to go through what you are with her. Good luck with the job interview.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wish I was closer and I would see if I could help. I was blocked at first with my mantel and left if blank a couple of days and was looking at magazines or blogs and got some ideas.

Jemsmom said...

I would be your helper and hang out any day!!! So glad your mom is doing better. Hang in there girl. Good luck with the job! I know you will rock it out! My house is super boring right now too! I don't have a lot of Valentine stuff to put out and am just trying to clean out everything. I made it through one junk drawer today! Wooo hooo! You will have one idea, get going on it and then the ideas will just flow! Whatever you do, I know it will be gorgeous!

NanaDiana said...

Oh-Wish I could pop over and help you out...and if we didn't get ANYTHING done we would have a few good laughs. As soon as you start doing SOMETHING...it will all kind of fall into place...it always does.

I know exactly what you are going through with your Mom (as we have talked about before). It is not an easy road and won't get easier. From the cradle to adulthood and back to the cradle again before going Home. Just another one of God's children in a different phase of life.

Good luck on the interview. Hope it doesn't get snowed out..and if it does I am sure they will understand. Hugs- Diana

Kris said...

Hey there Bonnie. No, I don't live in Florida. We live in So. California. Corona, to be exact. We do tend to have a bit of a heat wave in January every year, but this one may have broken records. I am ready for it to get cold again now. I want to wear my scarves, and Uggs, and cowls!!!!
Love the fun stuff you posted! I know how that Blog Block can be.
: ) Kris

Cricket said...

As everyone else has told you...we have all been there. I am also trying to get my house back together but with a new look...without buying a whole lot of new things. I have to admit I am not doing very well. Going shopping tomorrow...LOL.
You have such great accesories and a beautiful home....it will come to you and it will be fantastic!!

Allison said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for your mom, Bonnie, and wishing you good luck with your interview on Thursday!

~ Lisa ~ said...

I am sorry but I had to chuckle at both your Mom and your Aunt looking "guility.". My Grandmother suffered from the same thing. It was so hard to see her that way, she did know who her family was, for that, we were so grateful. Prayers for your Mother and your Aunt and I hope they don't try to sneak out of bed again. ♥

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails