Friday, November 12, 2010

A Thrifting I Will Go...

As many of you know, I haven't been shopping or thrifting at all since money is quite tight right now.  However, I have started my Christmas shopping and once I start that, I see all kinds of bargains and deals which then causes me to spend even MORE money!!

While out and about, I stopped at Hobby Lobby and Michaels just to see if their fall items were on clearance.  Hobby Lobby was pretty picked over at 66% off.  

  I did find this acorn candle stand and candle.  Together it was $8 with tax!  Not too bad and I can move the candle around through out the year since it is a rustic brown color  Michaels had the sunflowers on clearance for $3 and that little trinket box was $4.  I couldn't pass it up.  Not sure where or what I am going to do with it, but I liked it!  The vase I already had from Walmart years ago!


Then I stopped at a few garage sales on Wednesday.  Out of five sales, I only found something at one of them!  That is usually my luck and why I don't take the time to do garages sales.  However, when you do find a good one, the deals are usually worth the time!

Those little chandelier shades were $2 total for five.  She gave them to me for .40 each instead of .50!!!!  She had the scroll work planter for $1.  I found the iron candle holder at the Goodwill for $2.


This pretty silver tray was $6 at Goodwill.  It needs a little cleaning and maybe some layering in front of it but I couldn't wait to stick it in the china cabinet!!!


I was really tickled over this picnic basket from the garage sale for $1!!  It is a little rickety but I figure it isn't going to be carried around and might look good in our bedroom hiding holding my books to read!!


Overall, I think it was a good haul and I even bought a few Christmas presents.  Can't show them in case family might read the blog!!!  Probably not much worry in that!  They think it takes too much time.


I am linking up to Linda's Junkin Finds Friday over at A La Carte!!
junkinfinds

I am also linking up to Frou Frou Decor for Fabulous Friday Finds!!!  Stop by and check them out!


Also linking to Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Friday!!

Okay, now that Mr.Creative is gone, time to get crackin on those kitchen cabinets.  Today's agenda is to remove the cabinet doors and hardware, clean everything with TSP, patch holes in the ceiling from the old light and patch the crack in the wall.  If time permits, I might even do primer on the doors.  I am trying to pace myself so I'm not exhausted!!

Have a great day and wish me luck!!
Bonnie

24 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Bonnie your finds are awesome! I have the garage salen party now!! It's called 'junkin finds friday' and covers any bargains from anyplace including retail. Come on over and link up!!
http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2010/11/junkin-finds-friday-3.html

Thanks,
Linda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, great stuff. My fav is the silver tray. $6!! What a bargain. I love it. Like the picnic basket, too.

Susan said...

Wow, you got some great deals, Bonnie. I especially liked the basket for magazines. I have a basket by my bed but it doesn't have a cover and looks messy. The sunflowers are great, too....so cheerful and pretty. Great job! Susan

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Bonnie,

Great finds! I especially like the picnic and trinket baskets! I have a wee bit of an addiction to picnic baskets and old wood crates. To justify their purchase, I use them for storage!

~ Tracy

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie-What GREAT finds! WOW! Love them..and I really love the old wicker picnic basket. AND - I can't believe that silver tray was only $1.00!!! okay...now GET BUSY -I hear the kitchen calling your name!:>) xxoo Diana

jennjp0518 said...

I am loving all your finds! I especially love that little lock box container! :) Super cute! And i love the picnic basket as well! :)

Jenn

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds! I love the silver tray
and your right. The one yard sale was worth the time.
Annette

Toocutedobs said...

Good work on the thrift and garage sale bargains. I stopped by Habitat for Humanity Resale for the first time yesterday. Man oh man, those prices were high--they can keep it. Ok, I found one little bargain bag of Xmas stuff for $3.00.

the thrifty ba said...

they look nice just sitting on the table!

southernscraps said...

Great finds. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sailing Simply said...

Those are some pretty good finds there! I really love the iron candle holder, silver tray and your picnic basket! You did really well. I love your fall vignette on the table with the sunflowers, and acron candle holder.

Michelle said...

What fabulous finds! I'm jealous of that picnic basket! My daughter won't even let me look at them when she shops with me, she thinks I already have too many (as if that could happen)

Oh, love your china hutch in the bg too!

Susan said...

I love your thrifty finds!! I especially like the way you display!!

Rebecca said...

Your candle holder is great-love the design to it!

Elaine said...

Great finds...a bargain is a bargain..doesn't matter where you find it..

Ames said...

Pic nic baskets are so romantic. And a perfect recepticle to hide ..er.. I mean hold one's books! :) ~Ames

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I can't believe you got the little shades SOOOO cheaply. I paid £12 EACH for mine. Okay, I know I was totally ripped off but I coudn't find any other I liked.....until now on your blog!!

Sarahx

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hi girlfriend!
Thanks for the congrats and comments on my win, it was such a surprise, I really didn't expect it because I pretty much have what I need in my mom cave.
Now as for your trifting, OMG! I would love to go hang out with you when you go, these finds are to die for!
Terry
PS good luck on those cabinets! Can't wait to see them.

Mimi said...

I have several of those old picnic baskets, they are great for storing napkins/napkin rings, candles/candle holders. The silver tray is fabulous!

Ashley said...

You found some great things! I LOVE the picnic basket and tray. And the chandelier shades were a steal!

Susan said...

Hi Bonnie,
Fabulous finds, darlin'. I love the silver tray and the picnic basket.It's so much fun finding great deals and little treasures.

Good luck on all the work you have to do. Yes, pace yourself... I over did it yesterday and boy am I feeling it today. ;-)

Hope you have a lovely Sunday,
Susan @ CluckleBees

Haddock said...

That iron candle holder......wonder why they made it so huge ?

Debbie said...

Ok you did pretty good there Bonnie. Love the little lampshades and I bet you will come up with something fun and creative to share. Cute picnic basket too...good deals there my friend. And of course on a budget!!~

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Just found your blog and LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! What great finds! I have an Interior Design blog and Im doing 14 days of Christmas trees and love for you to visit! I have a GIVEAWAY too!

*ENTER PAMPERING Give-Away Here *
xoxokara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails