Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Preparing for Christmas

As many of you are aware, I am STILL looking for a job!  I have a couple good leads and hope to find out something this week.  However, money is still tight and my Christmas decor is sparse and OLD!  So I have been trying to figure out how to spruce it up without spending a fortune!

While over at the blog, Savvy Seasons by Liz, I saw how she decorated a wreath using ornaments.  Using that idea, I went to Dollar Tree and bought 4 packs of red and gold ball ornaments.  I wasn't planning to make mine as full because that would have defeated the purpose of my staying on a budget!!  However I grouped them in twos and tied them on in various spots.  It went from looking like this sad and pitiful wreath
BEFORE,


To this prettier wreath
AFTER!


It is so cloudy here today and supposed to have some snow flurries later.  Here is a shot of it with a flash.  Not as pretty then!!


I pulled out all the decorations I could find and now they are spread out in the living room.  Since people are keeping it real, here you go!  I had to move all the fall decor to the chair and end table in order to see where I needed something!


I really don't have enough to do much with but it is all piled over here.  Guess I better read more blogs to get more ideas of budget friendly Christmas decorating!


I am going to finish my last patio door curtain panel and then give the big makeover of the kitchen.  It is about done as far as it will get until after Christmas.  I will link up with Kim's Boring to Better party tomorrow!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my MESS!!!
Bonnie

6 comments:

Traci said...

I love Liz's blog! I did the Dollar Tree thing this year for some wreaths. I love a deal!! The wreath turned out great too!

Liz said...

Hi Bonnie!
I feel so honored that you tried out one of my ideas, thank you! =) Your wreath looks gorgeous. Isn't it fun to dress up a wreath? It's a great inexpensive way to change your wreath year to year. Love what you've done, great job!

XOXO ~Liz

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I love the idea of ornaments on a wreath. Yours looks great, Bonnie!

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- Your wreath looks great! It changed the whole look of it really. I hope you can find a job soon. It's scary to be out of work and not know when it is going to end. Hugs-Diana

~ Lisa ~ said...

I love your blog... I check it each day to see the next update and when you haven't posted anything, I just keep checking back. LOL...

I too, am looking for a job and am on a tight budget. I got laid off from my job of 15 years in March. I have a second interview tomorrow so I'm praying all goes well.

I can't wait to see all the pics of your kitchen. I'm so impressed and love all your ideas. I think I am going to borrow the one of the wreath too.

Excited to see your makeover soon.

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

mary said...

Do I see trees through your window? Are they yours? Twigs, with s touch of spray paint and glitter, or brown seed pods and a few ornaments make a great arrangement for a vase or basket.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails