Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Budget Friendly Pillows!

Good morning Blog America (and beyond)!!!  As my blog title says, this is a budget friendly blog!  With that in mind, I thought I would show you my "budget" pillows!! 

I finally finished up the pillows.  I showed you the first pillows I made that we like to waller on use daily.  I made them bigger just for that purpose.  The large pillows cost me a total of $2 each to make.  The fabric was $4 a yard and I made two out of one yard!!!  I only had so much fabric for the next set so they are somewhat smaller, but hey, that's okay.  It's my house!!  They cost me about $3 each! 


The smaller ones are just for show which totally confuses the rest of my family.  That is what happens when you are the only female in the house (including the animals!).


I explained that they are a material that will stain and wrinkle easy so just toss them to the side.  Their question was then why have them!!  BECAUSE I WANT THEM, THAT'S WHY!!!!  Now then, when Mom is happy, everybody else can be happy...


Mr. Creative just says, "Yes, dear", and the teenagers roll their eyes...Life is good!!
(Ignore the kitchen.  I had all my paint and project stuff out!)

I am linking my simple pillows to the CSI Pillow Challange.  Mine are no where near the creative side as many others on display!!  They only cost me $12, they are pillows and it is a PILLOW challenge!!!

Visit thecsiproject.com

I am also linking to Nifty Thrifty Tuesday because these pillows were quite thrifty!!
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Mr. Creative is also taking down the 1990's flourescent light in the kitchen so I can paint the ceiling.  Then I purchased bronze halogen track lighting to replace it.   It resembles this but has 5 lights and amber glass.  Actually the one I picked out is prettier.

Mr. Creative thinks I am just going to paint the walls and work on the backsplash project....little does he know!!  I better get my mojo working!!  I plan on hanging beadboard wallpaper on the penninsula, hanging tin look wallpaper as a backsplash, painting some cabinet bases black and the rest in ivory with distressing.  I can't think about it much or I get overwhelmed!!!

I am also still trying to pull nail head trim out of these dang lovely chairs!


Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!!!
Bonnie

13 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

i love budget friendly pillows! good luck on those chairs!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those look great Bonnie. You better get to work on all that before he comes back home. It may take longer than you think. Thanks for the button and now I will have to remember how I got it last time. Have a hair appt. this morning so I will figure it out when I get home.

Sailing Simply said...

Looks great! I love the different size pillows. I also like the different materials you used too. Good luck on all those projects. You are one busy lady!

Kristen White said...

Beautiful pillows Bonnie! They add a rich and elegant touch to your sofa...very pretty!
Kristen

Allison said...

Goodness girl... who sure are busy around there! Can't wait to see the final results. And your pillows are fabulous.

Vanessa said...

WOW! You are one busy lady! I love your pillows and cracked up about just having the ones "for looks"! My kiddos like to take mine and stomp and jump on them! Nothing is sacred around here. I can't wait to see all of the rest of your projects!
Vanessa

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- I just love coming here...you are soooo real. I can feel your pain about being the only female in a house full of boys...including the animals...but..wait...aren't boys a type of animal anyway?>) Uhhh...you better get cracking on that kitchen if you want it done for Thanksgiving. ps...whatever you do though...don't give the teenage boys a paint brush...uh-uhn..spoken from experience. Hugs-Diana

NanaDiana said...

ooopppps..ps...forgot to tell you...I love the pillows. They look beautiful! hugs AGAIN- Diana

InMyOwnStyle said...

My hubby and kids don't get the pillow thing either. I just ignore them and enjoy all my pretty pillows. Yours look great.
My best- Diane

Shannon @ The House Creative said...

I cant wait to see what you do with the chair! My husband still doesn't get the purpose of throw pillows. He thinks they are annoying. :-)

Gina said...

I need some "Show" pillows! Heheehee!!! Men understand that about as good as "Show Towels" in the bathroom, LOL!!!
Love ya!
Gina

Debbie said...

Now you are on a serious roll there girl. I love the pillows!!~

LambAround said...

Oh my! That chair looks a bit intimidating! :p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails