Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Did a Little Project!

Oh how I miss all of you!!  Thank you so much for all the wonderful emails checking up on me!  I have been so dedicated to looking for a job that blogging has fallen to the wayside.  Still no job yet, but I am hopeful to get a part time accounting assistant position with a wonderful lady that used to work with me at Citi.  They won't be hiring until after Thanksgiving so I hope to get another interview next month.  I am hoping in the mean time to get some temporary work.  It has been a very humbling and frustrating experience, but I know that I'm not alone in my search.

On to happier things!  I took some time a few weeks ago and made some pillows out of the fabric I showed everyone from a clearance sale at Hobby Lobby.  I figure these two pillows that are 23 x 23 cost me about $3 TOTAL!!


I made them large and stuffed them with fill from old pillows that were falling apart.  We lay on the couch and actually use these pillows, so they had to be comfy!  

I think they look nice here on our new to us sofa!  They will look even better with the next set of pillows I am making!



I found some solid and a striped material at JoAnns to make accent pillows.  These will be for looks only!  I hope to do some sewing today using this fabric. 


In addition, I have been looking for a red recliner for our family room that would be cheap enough for me to afford.  I wanted one that looks more like a regular chair, rather than a recliner.  I found this one for $35 on Craigslist last week.  


She isn't the perfect color but will work until someday when I can afford something better.  It is more of a wine red than the maroon red we have in the room but it seems to blend okay!  I think it will look better when I get this upholstery fabric on the old chairs.


If I can just get up the gumption to get these poor rascals reupholstered.  I am so scared to start and not sure why.  That happens to me a lot!


To the left you see the end table that I have been working on.  I am having a hard time deciding if I like it this way.  It would probably look much better once the chairs are done so I keep holding off from putting a finish on it in case I change my mind!!

I have been spending a lot of time on ebay purchasing myself a new work wardrobe.  All my work clothes weren't fitting very well and I decided to sell my clothes and buy something new to me.  I have gotten some great buys on new or next to new clothes from The Limited, Express, Nordstrom and Ann Taylor.  Nice pants for $13 that have a 33 or 34 inch inseam for me!!  Hard to find at that price!

So I figure I should do a modeling post with my new clothes once I receive everything!  That should be interesting!!!

So take care for now and I will try to get back to blogging!!  Thank you for being patient with me!!!

Have a wonderful day!
 Bonnie

10 comments:

Kristen White said...

Your new pillows are beautiful...love your new CL chair too! Good luck with the job search and second interview :o)
Kristen

Vanessa said...

BONNIE!!!! So fun to see your new post pop up! I'm sorry the job search has been so frustrating but glad to hear there are some good prospects! I absolutely love your new pillows and cannot believe you were able to do them for $3!! I also love all of the fabric for your accent pieces and can't wait to see how those turn out. It is very intimidating to recover furniture which is why I have never done it! :-) You will do a great job though!
Vanessa

Traci said...

Love the pillows! I need to learn to sew. Pillows are expensive!!! I love the fabric you've chosen for the chairs. They're going to look fabulous!! Good luck on the job search.

Bonni said...

Was blog hopping and found your blog. Beautiful pictures and a great post! I am a new follower. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love those pillows. You are very good at sewing. I am not. I need to start trying whenever I find time. Good luck with the job hunting and can't wait to see your other projects finished.

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- I was glad to see you here. I know how frustrated you must be with the job hunting...which always means money is tight...and then you feel more frustrated. I understand that and sympathize with you. Your pillows are gorgeous. You did a wonderful job on them. Just keep on keeping busy..I know that always helps me when I am feeling frustrated. Hugs sweet girl- Diana

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hey Bonnie Girl!
Was jumping around in Blogland and decided to stop by (I've been a sporatic blogger lately) wanted to see whatcha been up to and it looks like in-between the job search you are making good use of your time. I really like the pillows I think they turned out great and what a good way to repurpose old pillows.
I do hope the job situation turns out well and soon so you don't have to worry about it any more:)
Hugs girl,
Terry

Gina said...

Hello! Love the pillows and would love you to make me some!!! Can you do drapes/cornice boards? I want to have some custom window treatments because I never can decide on what to do! Right now all the windows just have blinds and I know the new house would look so much better with SOMETHING on the windows!

I wish we lived closer (I know I say that a lot but I really do)!!!

p.s. - I would do your model shoot for you!!! :)
Love,
Gina (your fav niece) LOL!
http://ginahickman.blogspot.com

Sailing Simply said...

So glad to see you back! I understand about the job frustration. I have been frustrated because of one that I interviewed for that looked VERY promising has been in limbo for over 7 weeks now, due to the economy. It's would have been full time w/great benefits and fit me to a tee but now seems they are on hold. Ugghh! It was so promosing I even bought a new wardrobe too. Looks like I may have to try for a temp job over the holidays if something doesn't come through soon.
Your new pillows look great and so comfy. I actually love the red chair quite a bit. That was a fantastic deal too!

Marla @ Always Nesting said...

Girlfriend, you find furniture in really good condition! I'm with you with the comfy pillow thing but I do have a few pillows for show only, lol, and that frustrates my family. They bear with me but I know when I'm gone they use the "for show" anyway :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails