Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baby Boy's 16th Birthday!

He was a surprise to us, you know. #1 Son was 7 1/2 months old when I got pregnant with Baby Boy. I have always called them that so each one felt special!

I'm sorry, but I cried...I was tired and remembering how tired I was when I was pregnant with #1 Son, then having to take care of #1 Son while being more tired was too much for me think about...but only for 5 minutes! Then I said a prayer and told Mr. Creative. He was shocked! There was nothing I was going to do about it so I embraced it!  Look what the wonderful Lord gave us!!


Yes you read correctly!  9lbs 1 oz!!  #1 Son was 10lbs 2oz so Baby Boy was a breeze!!  I remember this like it was yesterday!  As all good mothers during the 90's, I bought that wonderful Olan Mills photo package for the first year!  They change so much so you HAVE to get their picture taken every 3 months!!  Please excuse the lack of a scanner on these old pictures!!

He was a wonderful baby!  He would play in his crib for hours after waking up.  He would lay in the bouncy seat and play for hours.  He slept through the night at 8 weeks!  He was such a joy and a pleasure which helped me to handle two little ones.  Some of it is a blur to me now!


He was such the chubby little thing!  I just love the diaper picture!  I have both boys at 6 months like that hanging in our bedroom.  Don't you just love their fat feet and thighs!!!  The only time in your life when it is absolutely wonderful to be so chubby!

There was a time when he was more of a handful!  They say the terrible twos are bad but for us, it was the terrible threes!  He was so inquisitive!  He wanted to know how everything worked and was fascinated with electric plugs!!  Oh what a struggle!  Church was a nightmare but we continued to go every Sunday!  My mom nick named him Mr. Professor and Plug Man because of his curiosity!

Here are the more challenging yet still wonderful years from ages 2 - 4!  Wish I still had that red and white polka dot dress...!



Then we have the school years.  This is where you see a gradual change each year!  He had such the lopsided smile that was so cute!



This was a time of a lot of growing and awkwardness..  Tyler is 6' 4 1/4" tall so he is really trying to grow into those long limbs!!  Very hard to find pants in a 32 x 36!!!  Luckily it is easier to find for boys online at Old Navy and Areopostle!  The braces are now gone, the retainer in it's place and off to catholic high school you went!!


Tonight we go out to dinner and give him his gift of a preorder game that he wants so badly!  He wants a car even more and that will come as we find a very cheap one.  Not quite ready to get his license yet but it will be soon.  Just need a little more practice and more SIGN READING!!  He has a tendancy to not pay attention sometimes!  Reminds me, I need to get a St. Christopher medal for his car!  May the Lord give St. Christopher even more strength to watch over my Baby Boy!!!

Happy Birthday, Tyler!!!  We love you so very much!

Love,
Dad, Mom and Bubby! 

Yes, your brother is going to hurt me for that one....

14 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

What a beautiful post. As I read, I thought about each of my boys at that age, it was wonderful. Happy birthday to your precious son. And yes, I, too, love the polka-dotted dress, and think I had one very similar. Have a wonderful day, don't you love your kids' birthdays? It's like your own little quiet holiday as well.

Vanessa said...

Oh, your boy sounds so much like my boy! He is only 7 and has a mind that I cannot keep up with. He's getting smarter and I'm getting dumber! His questions are endless and his curiousity about life is overwhelming at times. But, isn't is such a privelege to be a mom of boys? Wouldn't trade it for the world!
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My "babies" are 38 and 31.

Enjoy your little ones.

Pamela
WV

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

This was so sweet! That is close together...my oldest was 16 months when I got pregnant and I was a bit stunned at how close they were going to be. Your son is growing into a handsome young man.

Jennifer said...

Awwwwwwww!!! Happy birthday!!!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful tribute to your son...now a young man and no longer a boy. I have a Tyler too...great name! Lovely, heart-warming post!

ps. I have 4 kids and had my last 3 kids in 4 years! It was a zoo...a real zoo! Diana

Jemsmom said...

What a wonderful post! I love all the pictures and what a change. From precious baby to handsome young man. I hope you all have a wonderful day today and Happy Birthday to the Baby Boy!!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh Bonnie I am so glad you posted this today. You needed to remember and recall the sweetest gifts in life and what's important, our family. And you have the sweetest gift of all, the blessing of motherhood.
As I went off to bed last evening I was thinking about your last post and was so very sad wishing so much I could help.
It may be purely selfish as I do not want to lose such a wonderful friend and fellow blogger.
I hope you keep in touch and pop in on La Bella Vie when you have the time, you are such a dear friend even through cyber space!
Hugs, Terry

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Happy 16th Birthday to your son. Time does go by quickly!

Hi, I'm stopping by after reading your comment on TDC. We have two boys also, both attending Catholic school here (grades 6 and 8.)

I became a follower and am off to see more of your blog.

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hey there, glad you stopped by and signed up for the give away. I was so hoping you would, I'd love for you to win:)
Hugs dear friend!
Terry

La Petite Gallery said...

They grow up so darn fast. Soon you will have an empty nest. I have been watching the news and they say the kids are moving back home at 40 and 50 years old. They must be hard to control at those ages. LOL.


first visit lovely post.

yvonne

Sailing Simply said...

What a sweet tribute to your son. I hope he had a great birthday! He is a very handsome young man. Where does the time go so fast, huh? Enjoyed hearing all your special memories, wonderful post!

Jenny said...

Awwww....what a great journey from adorable baby to handsome young man. Happy Birthday to your son! And hugs for you! Oh, they grow up so darned fast.

Green Willow Pond said...

You have wonderful children. I have a 16 year old son named Tyler who is about 6 foot 4 inches too, and he wears the same size pants as your son!

My Tyler always stands out in a crowd because his red head towers over everyone else and he's skinny as a rail! There's a picture of him on my blog sidebar with his brother and sister.

I cried when I found out I was pregnant for my 3rd child (a son), because I thought I was done. He's 10 years younger than his sister and almost 6 years younger than Tyler. I got over it, and love him to death, but I understand the emotions with adjusting your thinking...let alone your life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails