Thursday, September 23, 2010

A is for Autumn!

Today is the beginning of Ms. Jenny's Alphabe-Thursday and I am hoping to participate in every letter this year!!  I am trying to be a good student so let's see if I can pull off this letter A!  I am new to the class so grade me on a sliding scale!

I looked around my home and "A" reminded me of Autumn.  I have done a little more decorating for Autumn.  I remembered a gift card to Pier One that my good friend, Kim, gave me for my birthday in March!!  She is my Dierks Bentley Road Trip concert partner!  So I found this metal leaf pumpkin shape and just loved the colors of it!  I put together this little display.


It sits upon our computer Armoire that never has the doors closed!  Someone is always using the computer but at least I can hide the mess when guests come over.  I hung wallpaper on the whole wall under the loft a while back.


I decided to change my Accessories here on the sofa table/dresser.  After reading so many blogs, I now understand what a little change can do to update the  room!


I also made this trash to treasure cloche from a cheese dome and a candle pedestal.  I will show more on that another day!  I filled it with what I could find around the house and yard for Autumn!  There were Acorns aplenty in the yard as well as a pine cone!  The pomegranite is something I found in my basement of hidden things!!  The turkey feathers are real and I thought the little squirrel gave it more of a feeling of a rustic Autumn!!  


I put more pomegranites in my parent's old nut bowl along with grapevine balls that I have had for a long time.  I am still waiting for some Antlers from my father in law to place around the room.  



Speaking of Antlers....A is for Antlers, too!  My husband had mounted some of his Antlers on boards so I thought I would hang them on each side of this landscape picture that has beautiful Autumn colors!!  I changed up some of the items on the mantle for an Autumn look!


There are more Antlers up high on the poor boy above!  He doesn't get dusted very often so I hope there aren't any cobwebs on his Antlers!!!


Someone had suggested putting a plant on the hearth so while rearranging my limited supply of decor items, I moved this plant here from the computer Armoire.  I like the way it looks and it will be fine here until it is time to start using the fireplace.  Our fireplace is wood burning and gets extremely hot so it will have to be moved by then!!


Next to the fireplace, I have showed you before the step stool that I painted in this POST.  I had purchased this wicker covered wine bottle or I think they are called a demijon, on ebay.  It has a label with the name Avelar Rose which is a table wine from Portugal.  Avelar starts with the letter "A"!!!


I hope you enjoyed this lesson on the letter "A"!  I hope I get better at it by the time we get to "Z"!!  Please stop by Ms. Jenny's class and see the other letter "A" projects!!

Jenny Matlock



Thank you so much for stopping by to see me!!  Your comments always bring a smile to my face!  Have a great day!
Bonnie 

30 comments:

Pondside said...

What a lot of beautiful 'A's'! The Avelar Rose is a nice touch, to refresh us on our tour through blogland!

Vanessa said...

Hi Bonnie! Your A is for Autumn Accessories look just beautiful and I LOVE that dresser/sofa table! Did you refinish it or did it come looking so fabulous? I am looking for something just like it for my dining room. Thanks for sharing more of your home today!
Vanessa

NatureGirl said...

What a beautiful space you live in! What a nice life that must help create...Thanks for sharing...Hopped over from AlphabeThursday!

~ Lori ~ said...

I'm your newest follower from Alphabe-Thursday! I loved your post and I love decorating on a budget! Have a great day.

Marla @ Always Nesting said...

Yes, lots of great Autumn and A goodies around your house! I, too, have a cheese dome that I recreated and who really covers their cheese anyway?? I'm not a hunter, I'm afraid of guns, but I find those antlers fascinating!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, everything looks SUPER! Love your vignettes and the antlers over the fireplace are great and love your big demijohn. You have just inspired a post.

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Hi Bonnie, thanks for your sweet comment. I love the little changes. I was creative last week and made a cloche too, but yours is much nicer! I love decorating with items from outside and in the cupboard. Ive done 7 days of project with items you already have at home. I love that you used your parents bowl too. Family pieces are what make a home cozy.

Ames said...

I love all the natural elements you have included in your decor. And Fall is my favorite time of the year! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog!~Ames

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The pumpkin is so cute. I love the idea of using the cake dish to serve up reminders of fall.

Debbie said...

You done good girl for your first letter in the Alphabet. Jenny has such a great party, you will meet some awesome ladies with such great posts. I love your Autumn and the Antlers are very nice in your cozy room..you have a way of making them fit in!

Jen said...

Hi! I'm new to aplhabe-Thursday too! It's so much fun!
Your home is so beautiful! Your fall decorations are perfect!
I'm lucky to get a pumpkin on my porch!

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

You have the perfect autumn home. With the warm colors it must be so cozy during the cool weather months.

Terra said...

you put me to shame. I am jealous. I did my porch. Your home looks warm and inviting...

Sailing Simply said...

Very nice A is for Autumn touches everywhere. Yay! You have a cloche! Hey, that rhymed. Anyway, I love that bowl with faux fruit and the woven ones. Love the plant on the hearth too but completely understand about moving it when the fireplace is on. We have woodburning too! Your home is looking so very warm and inviting. I was trying to look at more of the larger wide angled shots to look at all your changes. You have really done alot over the summer. Everything looks very good!

Sarah said...

lighting is awasome in the first pic. lighting & color hormony is so important for home decorating, I think.

Sue said...

Nice job! Very fall-like and quite lovely,

=)

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Great job in setting up for the Letter A! Loved All your fAll decorations and the tour of your lovely home.

NanaDiana said...

Bonnie- I'd say you get an A+ for your Autumn displays. Wow! You did a wonderful job! I love all your decorations and your rooms look lovely. I even like Albert the Antlered Antelope!

Just so you know, I have a free magazine give away going on at my blog if you are interested- Hugs-- Diana

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

You have a lot of "A" things! I love that new leaf pumpkin...so cute!

Teri said...

Hi Bonnie! Oh, I can't wait to see your master bedroom when you get finished! I wanted to make sure my husband didn't feel like he was in a "my" room, but our room. Although he was a little nervous about the dark wall color when I started rolling. I love all of your Autumn touches!! Did you faux your wall yourself? It's very pretty!! I want to give it a try, but I'm still a little nervous that I might mess up and ruin a wall and waste money. Your sofa table/dresser is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by. I'll keep an eye out for bedroom redo.
Blessings,
Teri

Carrie said...

You've handled the letter very well in an interesting post!

Pamela said...

Love that dresser you are using a sofa table! It is gorgeous! Thanx for stopping by earlier!:)

autumn said...

yay for autumn! it's my favorite season, and not just because of my name!
:)

Lourie said...

I love Autumn it is my favorite time of year. The weather is perfect and the colors are gorgeous. Great pictures and fabulous decoration.

Allison said...

Everything is so beautiful, Bonnie! Your decor is lovely and really gets me in the mood for Fall/Autumn. I need to get going on my decorating. Your sideboard/dresser is really pretty. Is that a piece you painted? Your home is lovely and very cozy and comfortable looking.

Linda said...

Your room is lovely, Bonnie...feels so cozy and ready for fall! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

Maggie B said...

Great A post, I loved the visit to your home and seeing your Autumn decor.

Becca said...

Hi Bonnie,

I'm so glad you stopped by my Fall kitchen! Thanks for your kind note. I love your "Autumn" touches around your home. The cloche looks so pretty on your sofa table (which is beautiful), as is your mantle! I love the tray and tins that you painted, too! Perfect! Thanks again, Becca (Adventures in Decorating)

Anita said...

Thanks for stopping by!! What a great post! I love all your warm colors. Everything is just what I love. Love the fireplace too. I do not have one in this house, but someday! Your cloche is great. I do not have any yet, but I see I'm going to have to get one!

Jenny said...

Bonnie, what a wonderful surprise to see you here on Alphabe-Thursday.

I'm so glad you joined us to share your lovely Autumn decor.

I'm stubbornly waiting for it to drop below 100 before I drag out my fall stuff here, so I really enjoyed feeling the season vicariously through you today.

Thank you for linking.

A

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails