Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Grass Isn't Always Greener...

My new friend, Jenny Matlock, is having her weekly Alphabe-Thursday Rainbow Summer School party and today's color is GREEN!!

Well, I have a lot of green.  Not as much as I do for red, but more than I had for yellow!  Orange, well, I had NONE!  Let's start with the green I would like to have taken out of my house.


HUNTER GREEN CARPET!!  Can you say early 90's?  When we purchased this carpet 15 years ago, it was top quality and is still in good condition.  Unfortunately we need a new roof worse than we need carpet at this time!  Ignore the mauve grout on the ceramic tile.  It is going away soon!  


Remember this POST I did about our powder room?  It has an olive green in it that I also used in my laundry room.  It looks lighter in this picture.


I also showed everyone my laundry room makeover than I posted HERE.  Green is relaxing to me and helps to kind of enjoy washing...


What about these lamps that I did a makeover on and showed you on this LINK?  I just love how they came out with the burlap shades!


This picture is where I drew most of my inspiration from when decorating the main rooms of our home.  I just love this picture that hangs above our fireplace.  The colors are just gorgeous to me!  


Let's head outside to the patio furniture that I worked so hard on.  I used some serious power tools on it to get rid of the rust and give it a green makeover, too!  You can read all about that $25 makeover HERE!  


I think that is about everything I have that is green.  Here is a sneak peek at what I am working on currently!  I am so excited to show you more!!


Please stop by Ms. Jenny's school to see more displays of green from the other students!
Jenny Matlock

As always, I thank you for stopping by my blog.  It makes me smile to hear from you!  Have a great day!!
 Bonnie 

16 comments:

Always Nesting said...

I love the way your patio chair turned out. Isn't it amazing that a redo can make a chair look even better than new.

I am a green lover myself and I had a neighbor 15 years ago in California with that same color carpet. Her house was adorable.

Nora Johnson said...

Love all the green in your home -especially that gorgeous painting!

Happy AlphabeThursday Green,

LOLA:)

btw My AlphabeThursday Green is posted if you can join me HERE!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

We had a lot of green in our house early in our marriage. Believe me, 70's green was enough to turn me off of most greens for years. I love lime green and I'm starting to fall in love with sage green. Everything goes in cycles!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love the green on your walls. The carpet doesn't look bad. We need a new roof too.

NatureGirl said...

Wow...you are so creative...come fix my junk!?

Debbie said...

Happy Green day Bonnie!!~ Can't wait to see what you are working on:) Debbie

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Ooh, I like the sneak peak of the dresser. What knobs will you put on?!

Sailing Simply said...

You have beautiful greens for sure! I love the paint you used in the half bath and laundry room. I am thinking of painting one of the upstairs rooms a green similar to that. Would you mind telling me how you did the area at the bottom of your post and in your comment box that is a personal message from you about leaving a comment, that is permanent. I can't figure out how to make one of those. Thanks!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

OK well no matter what color it is, I adore everything you have done to that house! You are truly one of the most creative blogger peeps I know:)
Having said that, I love the patio furniture the most, OK well then there's the laundry room, oh and the lamp, and the powder room, oh and the buffet, and then there's the...

:)
Oh and we need a new roof too...so much for new kitchen counters:)

Anna said...

Hi Bonnie,
Clever of you to go hunting for different colours in your home. The landscape painting was nice. But if I were to do that, I would have to take the plants. I don't have that much green here.
Nice to see you!
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's Rainbow Greens

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You do have quite a few greens. Looking forward to your new project results.

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

You have a lot of green. Great pictures!
Bonnie :)

Cheryl said...

Green is one of my favorite decorating colors. So soothing. I love all the shots you selected for this.

Jemsmom said...

I do so love your laundry room!!!

Terra said...

I need to take a walk around my house and see what colors I can find...that might be fun for the kiddos to do too

Jenny said...

Ooooh Bonnie, that lamp is luscious.

I was excited when I saw this was your link. I always enjoy your ideas!

Another inspiring stop on our journey through Rainbow Summer Schools color GREEN!

Thank you for linking.

A+

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails