Friday, August 13, 2010

From Brass to Class - Making of an ORB Chandelier!

So how did this beautiful chandelier come to be from


this sad and shiny chandelier, you ask....First purchase this chandelier for $20 from Craigslist!


Then use a $3.47 can of Oil Rubbed Bronze Metallic spray paint after you take off the white candle things and tape around the light sockets!




Buy six of these beauties off ebay for $12!


You will end up with a $35 NEW chandelier and enough paint left over to do more projects!!  To see the medallian makeover, please click HERE.

I am linking to the following parties:
The CSI Project for Spray Paint!
Visit thecsiproject.com

Remodelaholic for Remodelaholic's Anonymous!



The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday!

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt it Friday!
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday!

Please check out the other creative bloggers participating!

Have a great day!
Bonnie

14 comments:

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

great job! I love spray paint! Especially ORB.
It's amazing how much difference it makes. Your chandelier looks great!
gail

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

That turned out amazing! Love the little lampshades too.

NanaDiana said...

Great job-I absolutely LOVE it! Isn't it amazing what a little paint and elbow grease will do? You made some great finds! Diana

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Wonderful job girl..Love it hope you have a GREAT weekend my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Nancy (Jesse and Sophia's grandma) said...

Great job! I love it, and I have one just like it that I wanted to get rid of....not anymore. Thanks!

Amy said...

Great makeover! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
--Leigh

Melissa Miller said...

It looks gorgeous Bonnie!

Ellie said...

It looks so much better! I have the ORB and the shades, guess I need to be on the look out for an ugly-duckling chandy!

Keep Calm and Decorate said...

Great transformation! It looks great in that space.

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

What a great transformation! It turned out fabulous.

Sailing Simply said...

That really did turn out beautiful! I have that exact same chandy in my basement. It was in the foyer when we moved in and I put it over the stairs leading to the basement. That finish that you did on this would look great where I have it too. Hmmm!!! Yours is beautiful!

DesigningLadyJane said...

What a fantastic makeover! That looks like it would be an expensive chandelier, but you got it not only cheap, but one-of-a-kind. Lovely!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Wow...nice.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Nice makeover!! I like it so much better now that it's not brass. ;) The shades are a nice touch too. Visiting from The CSI Project! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails