Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Few Thrifty Things!

As I told everyone, I have stopped going to thrift stores for awhile because those little amounts have added up and with school starting, we have blown the budget really bad!  I'm not going to worry because the good Lord tells us not to worry.  I have seen the error of my ways, made some changes and am going forward.  Everything will work out somehow...

Debbiedoos always has her garage salen party and I haven't participated in the last two weeks.  So this morning, I went through the house and actually found a couple things that I haven't posted before.

First is these crystal lamps that I bought at the Salvation Army store.  When I get to makeover our bedroom, I want to make it romantic and somewhat elegant.  Not too much so or Mr. Creative won't like it!!


Anyway, I needed tall lamps on each side of the bed so the light is the right height for reading.  I like to read in bed.  Mr. Creative falls asleep as soon as he is in a horizontal position ANYWHERE!!  Of course he gets up at 3:45 to be at work by 5:00 so he has a right to be tired.   He rarely gets to bed before 9:30 so that isn't much sleep!


They were only $7.99 with the as is sticker on them.  I plugged them in at the store and they both worked fine.  Even came with light bulbs!  I am going to spray paint and make a bronze finish on the gold.  I want these blue lamp shades from Lowes that are $20 but I will have to watch for them to go on sale or on clearance!!  I think they will look great with the comforter bedding set that I showed you a while back on this link.
 

I also bought this mason jar one day while at a junk an antique store! After digging through crap treasures, with 100 degree heat and no air conditioning in this old building, I found this blue one with the lid.  I have seen them at antique malls for $3 or more.  She only charged me $1 so I took it!!  For suffering in the heat, she should have given it to me!!


I put it here for now in our master bathroom.  This bathroom needs an overhaul but that is even farther down the road!!


I am linking up with my sweet friend Debbie at her garage salen party #12!  I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already!  Stop by and see the other great treasures!!

Photobucket


Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog!  I am very humbled to have such wonderful visitors that leave such sweet comments! 

Have a great day!
Bonnie

8 comments:

foxxy said...

Bonnie I love your lamps. They'll look great in your room since they are a pair. I know what you mean about the shopping hobby adding up. It adds up real quick. Can't wait to see what you do with the lamps.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that lamp shade to go with those lamps. I have forgotten that Lowes has shades. Good buy on that jar. I paid $9 yesterday for one with the little bar that closes the lid.

Debbie said...

Bonnie, those lamps are so pretty. I appreciate you joining in so much. I am on a budget too these days...between school supplies, clothese, book bags, etc....it really took a chunk out:) That is why my score this week was 2.99 ha ha!!~ Next month will be better! Have a great weekend. Debbie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love those lamps Bonnie and the shades are so cool looking girl..they will look great with your spread...and girl I also have cut way back on my spending...don't have room for another thing at the Inn ha ha!! Have a GREAT weekend my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Jemsmom said...

Those are going to be gorgeous in your room! I am going to have to check Lowe's out!

Olivia~ said...

Hello sweets! I loooove the lamps and jar is darling! I have been blowing my budget too....sooooo, no garage saleing this weekend for me! Please, I could have a garage sale out of my garage! Have a lovely day,
Hugs,
Olivia

KathyB. said...

I use old canning jars (just like the one you showed) in our bathroom too, I put cotton balls , razors, old pairs of glasses, epsom salts, etc., in them. I like that they are decorative and see-thru, plus they are my favorite color~blue! This makes them perfectly practical, don't you think?

I have decided being on a budget actually makes decorating a home more fun and allows us the opportunity to be more creative. Looks like this is also a real inspiration for you too.

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I think it is great you are sticking to your guns and not shopping for a while. Love the blue jar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails