Friday, July 23, 2010

Thrifty Finds from Around Town!

Yesterday was the first day that I could actually do whatever I wanted. Unfortunately, I woke up with a sinus headache and went to the doctor first! Yes, I have been fighting a sinus infection for months now and it finally won out! Much better now!

I decided to go thrift store shopping, Hobby Lobby clearance, Home Goods and Hancock Fabrics. I will start with the thrift store finds since this is Debbiedoos party day for thrifty goods! I went to 3 Goodwill stores and 2 Salvation Army stores.

I normally don't look at clothes because I am almost 6' tall and pretty thin. Things don't usually fit me straight off the rack. However, a dress caught my eye (too fancy) and it got me looking for light weight cool dresses to wear in this heat! I am tired of shorts and would like to look cute occasionally when I leave the comforts of home or for my honey when he comes home from work! I found 4 cute ones. The first two need to be hemmed so they will be just slightly above my knee. They were all $4.50 each and are still like new!



The red one is strapless and I have a light weight summer sweater in white that I can wear with it! It was so cute on!


I am a huge fan of black and white so I immediately fell for this one!


They are all so lightweight and cool. Some were Jones New York brands. So for $13.50, I have 4 dresses!

When we purchased the $15 dresser, they had leftovers from their sale and we bought a few items cheap! Each of these outdoor lights were $1. I am going to paint them and use on the deck door and one for outside the basement door. One looks rough but it was still in the box. Paint will fix it!

These two plant holders were .25 total so I figured I could paint them and line them with the brown plant bed stuff! (Not sure what it is called)

This large planter was only .25 and I figure I can paint it. My hubby thought it looked hideous but I told him to trust me, for .25 I can make it BEAUTIFUL!



Then off to Hobby Lobby! They were having 80% off their remaining garden stuff and I found these two planters with the perfect color of red in them for our deck! $3.20 each!!! Snatched!!


I also found this chicken that just called my name for $6. Not sure where to put him but he kind of looks cute here on my mantle!!


Then I hit the clearance at the fabric section and found the perfect checked backing fabric for my future kitchen curtains. Here you see the rooster fabric I bought on ebay a year ago and the new backing fabric. Good match???? It was $4 a yard and was 54" wide so it is a perfect fit. They only had 6 yards left which is exactly what I needed!! It was meant to be!


So there you have it for my thrifty shopping adventures!! Please go on over to debbiedoos for her garage salen party and see all the treasures that others have found!

Photobucket


I am also linking up with Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday!! Come on over and see what everyone has to show!!
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


I always like to join in with Bonnie over at House of Grace for her Twice Owned Tuesday party!!
HouseofGrace

25 comments:

foxxy said...

You found many nice things. I love treasure hunting. You never know what goodies you'll find.

Sailing Simply said...

Great deals! I love the black and white dress too! The checked fabrick is perfect as are you pots for your deck! You really got some excellent deals!

ChRiS said...

wow you had a good day! everything is nice and yes the 2 materials will look awesome together

Love the Decor! said...

Love those dresses!! especially the bLk and white one!!
Have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

girl you hit the jackpot!!!! There is so many things I like no I mean LOVE!!!!! The rooster fabric is just to die for!!! Can't wait to see your curtains!!! You got great deals on everything sista!!! I feel the need to go jump in my car and go hunting!

~Jennifer

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Ok...I need to go shopping with you! You found the best things. I love the two fabrics you are making your curtains with....can't wait to see them finished.

The dresses are fabulous too!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, what cute dresses and Jones New York are very well made clothes. I have a few of that line. You have scored some great deals and I am loving that rooster fabric. Can't wait to see the curtain you make.

Jemsmom said...

Super finds girl!!! Those dresses are too cute. I got tickled because when I saw the not so pretty pot, I thought, "Hmmm, she can paint it!" Then I got to the next picture and thought, "Dang!!! She really knows how to paint!!!" I thought it was the same pot! Then I got put it all together!!! Ha! I am ready for the weekend!

Melissa Miller said...

WOW! Bonnie the dresses are all just precious. I love the last one so much. Lovely finds!

I'm glad you are feeling better. Sinus stuff is no fun at all. I have terrible allergies so I can relate.

Thanks for entering my giveaway!
~Melissa :)

Debbie said...

Oh Bonnie those dresses are so flipping cute! The planters really won me over though. Glad you are better now...I get frequent sinus infections too. Thanks for joining in on the party. Debbie

Always Nesting said...

Wow did you get some great deals!! There is lots of rooster decor at TJ Maxx Home Goods where I live that would look super cute with your rooster stuff. I was ahhhing over it just this morning after I left the gym. Isn't it convenient that I joined a new gym that is across the street from that store????

Always Nesting said...

And forgot to say, 6 foot tall and thin. You are my hero!! I've always wanted to be tall and have long legs. Sigh, you are so lucky!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You got the cutest dresses! I love the black and white one! Great finds at Hobby Lobby. I think those planters look great. I agree amazing what some paint can do. Enjoyed my visit here!

Kathy said...

You found so many great things....wow, wishin I could live closer and do some shopping with my new *friend*!

Mel said...

4 gorgeous dresses at that price? Wow. Great finds.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

That red and white strapless dress is too cute! And I love the chicken!!! :)

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Oh - brown plant stuff? I had to look this up earlier this year - they are called coco liners!

Donna said...

Hi Bonnie,
Thanks so much for following! You really found some great deals. I really love your new dresses, especially the blue one! I wish that I had your "problem" of being tall and slim, ha, ha :) I actually like your planter. It will look great painted!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks like I need to head right over to HL and see what they still have...love those planters!

Blessings,
Linda

Charlotte said...

Great finds! You should have modeled the dresses for us:)

Angela said...

That was amazing with the finds of those dresses. You scored awesome...I'm so loving the check material..my favorite!!

Kimberly said...

Excellent finds! Love all the dresses you found, especially the Black & White one!

Great buys that will become great items!

Pam said...

Wow. I'm impressed with the dresses. That's an awesome deal. I love that rooster fabric, that will look cute as curtains!

Sandy@Life Began In A Garden said...

You got some great stuff, particularly the dresses and the chicken!

Laura said...

What pretty dresses. You have inspired me to 'make a round' which is what I call it.

I am off!

Laura
White Spray Paint

I linked to Linda's party too-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails