Thursday, July 8, 2010

Table Display Makeover


Well, I showed you this lantern I got on the cheap at Gordman's and have decided what I want to do with it. Remember from my Foyer Tour HERE that most everything in here is on it's 2nd or more time around! The mirror was my grandparents wedding gift they received, I bought the table for $5 at a junk store and all the frames were taken apart and painted. First I will show you the before of the table display:


Now, I took the lantern and put in some moss that a bird had tried to make a nest with in our garage! It worked well as it was all pulled nicely off the ground or tree and dried out!!! Then I took the candle I was using and put it inside with a few of the same faux pecans I had before.


Then I went to work on my lamp. I had bought this trim to put around it over a year ago and just never took the time. Then I misplaced the trim and just found it again!!! Things can be crazy around here! I hot glued it on like so....and doesn't it look better???? It is quite a bell shape so my trim may stick out a little far but I think I like it!


How does the table display look now? The diffuser provides a nice aroma when you walk in and I leave this light on at night. Now the candle is leaning in the above picture, have to work on it more!


I think it works better and I am happy with it for now. I find myself changing things now that I am blogging because other bloggers provide new ideas!!!



I hope these little projects inspire someone over at Room to Inspire!


I felt this was a good 2nd time around post for Bonnie's party at House of Grace!
HouseofGrace


I am linking this before and after to debbiedoos new party! Please stop by and check out the other B&A and maybe do one yourself!!

Photobucket


Also, My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday!

9 comments:

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Hi Bonnie, thanks for visiting my blog thru Debbie. lol You most definately could use anything in those bowls...and could probably get it from dollar tree as well. Making the craft total still a whopping $3.00 but they have potpourri, marbles, stones you could do spanish moss with an added lotus. Its endless...I hope to see what you come up with. I love that lantern..Ive been wanting one but trying to stop stalking craigslist so much. Nice job!

Linda said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I liked reading your posts. I think you did a great job with your lamp. It looks so dressed up now! Thanks for sharing!

xinex said...

Beautiful vignette and I love the lantern!..Christine

Jemsmom said...

Love it! The trim on the lamp makes such a difference! Looks great!

Debbie said...

Hi Bonnie....I like this display too...love the lantern! It is funny how blogging really makes you think outside the box a little more than the norm! Thanks for joining in on the first party....and thanks for my button code....I so appreciate it!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, that does look better with the lantern.

Pam said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I two lamps exactly like that in my bedroom. I will have to try the trim around the shade to spice them up.

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

It works perfectly in your home. Now, if I'd found it, I would have spray painted it another color to add a pop somewhere in the house. It would be nice to take it outdoors in the evening too.

Room to Inspire said...

What a great vignette - I really like the updated shade! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired this month.

Chelsea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails