Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Help with Lamp Transformation!

I can't believe I am going to show you my family room in process! Please remember it is in process! I am still trying to decide what to do and how to bring it together. Also remember this is real life and I have two teenage boys to pick up after (or nag them until they do it)!

I have been working on this dresser.


It is now painted with some distressing and glazing. I am going to do the poly on the top and put the handles on yet. It is really bigger in the room than I thought it would be! I think I am going to watch for a smaller sofa as this furniture is way too big and I don't want the print in this room either.

I had two lamps ready to go on it and found that they were just too big and tall to fit there. So off to the thrift store I went and found two of these lamps for $2.50 each! They are rather yellowed and chipped some but I figured I could paint them up just fine and buy new lamp shades!


First I thought I would just try some glaze to accent the texture. So I just did one to see. What do you think?


I'm not sure if I like it. I am asking my blog friends for help. Should I paint them or does the glaze look fine? In our family room, I am going for an eclectic mix of traditional, rustic, french country with some old world thrown in along with it! Doesn't quite sound right but I am hoping to pull it off!

So tell me what you think! To paint or glaze or both??????

3 comments:

Debbie said...

From your description of what you are going for....I would say keep them glazed. What I am more curious about is the lampshade:) what style is it? What color is it?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

If they are going to sit on that glazed dresser then I would paint them a different color. Not sure what color though.

Logo Design Canada said...

wow what a nice looking pot design i like it i share this with my friends also.
Nice blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails