Monday, June 28, 2010

Outside Reveal!

I guess all our hard work has paid off. Except for power washing the house, painting the front door, cutting the ivy off the wall and seal coating the driveway....the outside is almost done!!! Not sure all that will get done this year, but you never know!


The front porch is now stained. As I said in a previous post, the wood floor is very scratched so we will have to sand it down next year before staining again. However, to take your eye away from that, I pulled out this area rug that used to be in my dining room years ago!


I think it looks nice! I stained the glider using the redwood stain and of course had to change the pillows from what I had because the rug is blue!! I found these two pillows on clearance at Walmart for $5 each. Not too bad considering they have all the colors I needed! Oops! I see the tag still on them!!

While sitting on the glider, this is what I see across the porch. Maybe next year I can find a wicker chair and table. There really isn't much room there to put anything.


My flowering plants are just looking great! That sweet potato vine really makes them look overflowing.


Here you can see some of the red mulch we put down. I was so excited about this mulch. It is made from old pallets and then dyed a color. They had 4 different colors but we thought the redwood would stand out from the siding and match our shutters.



Tomorrow I will reveal the back deck. I know you are sitting on pins and needles just waiting!!

Have a great day everyone! I am off to help my niece refinish her kitchen cabinets in an old foreclosure house she bought for $35,000. I feel some more blog posting coming up!

14 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Wow! Your porch looks perfect for a summer siesta! Well done.

Thank you for your support. I was saddened to hear about the 2 in your family that received such heartache. May they now only continue to grow surrounded in love.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your front porch. I would just put a bench or settee under that window in that narrow walkway. How nice of you to help a friend with the cabinets. Good luck.

Allison said...

Looks great! I have an on going backyard makeover going that who knows when it will complete!

The Thrifty Designer said...

Your porch looks beautiful...so inviting. Next time I'm in Missouri, I'm stopping by for some iced tea :)

Debbie said...

Hi Bonnie...your front porch looks awesome...and yes all your hard work did pay off, and it shows. Bonnie when you get a moment I have my audition tape on my page....hope you like it and if you do you can vote:) for me, as much as you would like....

Vintage Remixed said...

Well all the hard work paid because it looks fabulous!! Isn't that a great feeling when you can check a dreaded task off your check list?

Jemsmom said...

Your hard work absolutely paid off! It looks wonderful. I love the blue rug out there with the red bench and those pillows are perfect!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your porch looks great! It is so inviting. Love your color choices.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and your suggestion for framing. I was thinking black or dark brown too.
Have a great 4th.
Annette

Melissa Miller said...

WOW! Bonnie fantastic job! It all looks so pretty and welcoming. I adore the way you displayed the glider, table and lamp. You have inspired me to add a rug out front now. I just LOVE it! :)

Kris said...

Hi Bonnie,
Looks like you and I are both kind of doing the same things in and around our homes. Love your shutters! In fact, they look the very color I just had my front door painted. I love red!!! Your flowers and plants look so lush and beautiful!!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

You are a busy girl! The porch turned out great. Good luck on with the cabinets!
Bonnie

Kim said...

What an inviting space I like the cozy bench and rug. Your plants look great.

karen@fitnessjourney said...

You have the perfect house for summer! There is an area in my community where the houses all have large front porches and most of the homeowners decorate with red, white and blue and flags for the 4th of July. I love driving past this area at this time of year, there is something about it that makes me smile. Your home reminds me of that area.

Holly said...

Picture perfect! How lovely...I want to lounge around with a good magazine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails