Monday, June 21, 2010

Five Must Haves for Me!!

I will be busy staining the porch and deck today so I didn't have time for a regular post so I thought I would join in to Cottage and Vine for a unique link party! It is what would you have to pack if you were going away for the weekend and could only take five! Not sure that five would hold me over but it may be enough for a weekend not in public much!!!

First on my list is Matrix Colorcare shampoo/conditioner!! Some may think this is two but sorry, for me today it is just one!!! I have very thick and unruly hair at times and these help to keep it under control and my color to last!


Second would be my Cetaphil cleanser. This really works well for me and was recommended by the dermatologist. Keeps my skin smooth and soft.


Third on my list would be this awesome sunscreen for my face called Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense Sunscreen. I have never broke out from it or been sunburned since using it. A little pricey but I have had this same tube for 3 years now. A little goes a long way!


Fourth would be No. 7 Stay Perfect foundation as my skin is very spotty from when I DIDN'T use sunscreen. If there are any young girls reading this, PLEASE use sunscreen. I didn't think it mattered when I was young and now I am paying the price for it and you will, too!


Fifth and last is the basic that I have been using since high school. Maybelline's Great Lash mascara. I have tried others but for the price, the results are great! If something works, why change!!


So there you have it! My list of must haves. Nothing too exciting but I must say I am learning about other products from this party!! Head over to Cottage and Vine to see what others are using!!

12 comments:

Debbie said...

I am going to try that shampoo, I have seen Biolage but never tried it....and the great lash is now added to my list...an oldie but goodie that I have NEVER tried! We should be getting paid for these endorsements!!~

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

You are so right about sunscreen. When I was younger, I wasn't as careful as I am now and am paying the price with freckles and spots.

Thanks so much for linking with me!

-Rene

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Looks like that mascara is a lot of people's favorites. I tried it and did not care for it. Love the smell of Biolage products.

Andrea said...

I also use Biolage and love it, especially during the summer! Hope you have a great day! ~Andrea
http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

teresa-bug said...

I think I am the only person on this planet who doesn't like that mascara. It clumps on me. Or maybe I just keep it too long???

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love all of your selections! The biolage is wonderful. Sunscreen is definitely a must...although I must confess I do like having a litile bit of a tan!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Wendy said...

I was hoping someone else would recommend a sunscreen they liked! I wrote this one down! Thanks for sharing! Have the same mascara in my 5 favorites!!

Sailing Simply said...

Biolage is one of my all times favorites! Good stuff! I've currently been using Nexus again now because they have a color protectant shampoo and has been on sale at Target! But I agree with you, Biolage is one of the best!

Becolorful said...

I have never heard of that sunscreen. Where do you buy it? I am with you, wish I had been more vigilant about using it when I was younger.
Pam

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

I cannot convince my 17 year old to wear sunscreen. She tans easily and does not burn - and all teens care about is "the now." I am going to try the cetaphil cleanser. Thanks!

Melissa Miller said...

Bonnie they do all sound like great products. I too have *spots* from my sun worshipping days. When I think of all the times I used baby oil mixed with iodine to get that perect tan. Ugh! I WISH I could take it all back. Those days are long gone for me.

Have a good week. ~Melissa :)

Michelle said...

I, also, agree with the sunscreen comment. I will have to try the Biolage line, I hear good things about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog....Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails