Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ceiling Medallion Transformation

While doing the dining room makeover, I purchased a brass chandy for $20 from CraigsList. No picture but we have all seen them!! I spray painted it ORB and purchased the small lamp shades from ebay for $12. We decided to use this medallion to give some attention to the ceiling above the chandelier in our dining room. I painted it tan but it just wasn't standing out much to me.


While on the ceiling, I decided to put a coat of the brown metallic glaze on it to make it a deeper, richer color with some depth to the detail. I painted it on with a foam brush and took a rag to rub it in over the details.


Here is the finished product! I think it turned out well and I like it much better!



I am linking up with the following parties so stroll on over and see more!!

This is a new one to me from Holly at 504 Main! Thanks for being a new follower of my humble little blog, Holly!!

504 Main

The Shabby Chic Cottage for
Transformation Thursday


My Romantic Home for



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating for




Remodelaholic for:

18 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bonnie, that medallion looks great painted like that. I need to paint my chandy orb, but hubby doesn't want it painted. He usually doesn't say much about what I do to the house, but this one he has. Maybe I can convince him later.

La Bella Vie said...

Hey there Bonnie,
first let me just say I love the new blog look and your beautiful new picture! Its so cute, both you and the blog:)
Anyway love the ceiling medallion, it really gives the chandy a sense of presence.
Great job girlfriend!
Terry

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

It looks stunning in the new color! I love it!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Bonnie,
I luv how your medallion turned out...maybe I should think about painting some of mine...thanks so much for sharing this:)

Blessings,
Linda

La Bella Vie said...

Good morning again girlfriend!
Thanks for coming by La Bella Vie today...its storming here too but that's OK I have the day off and I'm loving it:)
Terry

Sailing Simply said...

That looks great! It looks like it is all part of the same set, like it came with the light! Very nice! This was a great idea! I love it!

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

Looks much better painted metallic as you did.


In future, if you have (more) complete tutorials for your projects, I am inviting you to get a link back to them by linking them up here:

DIY Craft Tutorial Linky Party
http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party/

New party every Wednesday,
open all week long.

The Thrifty Designer said...

Bonnie, I absolutely love this!! It is just beautiful (and thrifty - way to go!). Your new profile pic is just beautiful too :)

Holly said...

Did you know I have a new light fixture and a medallion - possibly that same one - sitting here...I good glaze is what it needs...thanks for linking up!

Kati @ Obscured Flair- said...

this turned out very nice!!!! I love it!

Jemsmom said...

Turned out well... it turned out awesome!!!!! That color on the medallion is fantastic and really sets it off! Great job! I just spray painted a brass lamp. What a difference! Hope you are having a good week!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You make me want a medallion! :)

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Wow! That turned out great!
Machelle

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I'm loving the new color! It looks fabulous. I recently bought one just like it for our formal drawing room, but we haven't hung it yet. I'm debating about whether to paint it!

The Blackwood Cottage said...

I know, I need some too but I'm very indecisive about how to finish it off. IDK.
Machelle

k + b said...

The brass color definitely makes it pop! Nice work :)

Susan said...

Love the medallion! It came out really snazzy. Great job! Susan

Debbie said...

Sorry I missed this post Bonnie....you medallion looks fantastic. I always say it is the little things that can make the difference....this sure made the difference!~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails