Friday, May 14, 2010

Too Much Crackle Going On!!!

I got so excited about how my crackle cabinet turned out that I started painting and doing crackle on more things!! I have to stop....

I looked at this mirror and also a shelf in our powder room. You can see the shelf in the reflection of the mirror! Then I decided I had too much black in this little room! I sometimes get carried away when I do something new! So I took them off the wall and out to the garage!



I put the crackle on both the mirror and the shelf. Later I came out and added the tan paint to the mirror and mustard gold to the shelf. Well, needless to say the smaller items are, the harder they are to paint with the crackle! I wasn't happy with them and started touching them up after they dried. Then I put some gel stain to help tone down the colors and to help hide the "imperfections".



I think they ended up looking pretty good! At least there is more color than just black in that room and I made sure those colors were offset in other accessories so they at least look like they belong!!




Later this week I will post this little bathroom. It is quite small but I think kind of cute with a reminiscence of my dad....


FOR NOW I AM DONE WITH THE CRACKLE! It is just hard to do unless you have a straight flat surface that you can roll on the paint. There is no fixing once you touch it with paint!! I am sure I will be messing with it sooner just to figure out the best way to use it!!

Please head over to Debbiedoos for her FANTASTIC giveaway!!!




I am linking up to the following parties this week, please visit the others!!

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating for




Poppies at play for



My Romantic Home for



Remodelaholic for



Frugalicious Friday over at
Decor Mamma


Along for the Ride for

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Bonnie I had to chuckle to myself because once I start rolling on a project I start looking around the house to see what else I can paint. I have to say I love the mirror the lighter shade crackled it looks great as do your cute little accessories. Thanks for mentioning my giveaway.

kim said...

Bonnie, I love the yellow shelf. Just try glazing and sanding instead of crackling. It is a lot easier.

Always Nesting said...

I think it looks great. I have an itty bitty half bath downstairs and I'm always at a loss what to put in it.

Andy Porter said...

It looks great! You're right, crackle can be a headache sometimes:) I love that saying. Lol. Thanks for linking to Creative Cats!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Beautiful mirror! I'd love to have it in my home!

Victoria said...

Your mirror looks great! Isn't it funny when we find something crafy to do we start hunting things down to transform:)

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Bonnie,

I know how persnickety crackle painting can be. I posted a tutorial on using Elmer's glue for a cheap crackle finish, but the effect still requires a delicate touch, doesn't it? Your projects look marvelous!

Crystal said...

I like the crackle. I tried to go crazy with crackle once myself! I just love the look. I really like the way your mirror turned out.

Kim said...

Actually, I like both the before and after. Of course I'm partial to the yellow on your shelf :). Thanks you so much for becoming a new follower. Please leave a comment on my current giveaway, too, so you can be entered. If you need a few blogging tips, go to my right hand sidebar and click on "Blog Tips". You can find out how to resize buttons and add your signature, etc.

Kate @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating said...

That turned out so cute! Although you didn't make it, I especially like the sign under the mirror, lol! :)

Thanks for linking my Fluant it Friday party, please come back next week!

Kate said...

Your mirror is beautiful! I'm stopping by from Crafty Saturday!

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Saturdays are crafty days ..
I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

Stephanie Lynn said...

I find myself not able to stop with a brush in my hand either. I think the new colored crackle mirror looks great. I'm really liking the mustard color on the shelf too! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance. This space looks fabulous! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails