Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Made a Big Purchase!

Since I have started making over my house room by room, I normally do NOT make big purchases for other rooms until I get ready to work on that room.

However, there was a chenile comforter 4 piece set that I wanted called Grand Jacobean by Chris Madden from JCPenney that is no longer in stock there. I have been watching it on ebay but it was buy it now at $169 and that was more than I wanted to spend.



I figured I would just wait until I am working on our master bedroom and either find it then or look for something else. Well, I just happened to search for it to see what was out there and someone had a new return for $115 with shipping which is about what it was on clearance with shipping at JCP. So I purchased it because I just love it!

It has the blue and brown I wanted but also some gold to pull in from the golden tones of the other rooms. Here is the comforter showing the braided trim.


Below is the bedskirt. It is a crinkle style that to me looks like crepe paper. It has the long 15" drop which is good for our bed.


This is one of the shams. It has the blue/gold fringe trim around the edges. Looks terrible next to that darn green carpet. Guess I will be purchasing a large area rug for the bedroom!



Anyway, I am thrilled with the purchase but now have to save up money to finish the family room. Oops! I probably won't have time or money to work on our master until Christmas so I guess back in the box it will go!

On a side note, 33 Shades of Green is having a $60 CSN Store Giveaway! Stop by and sign up for yourself!!



I am linking this up to My Romantic Home for

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

I think you got a great deal.
Blue and brown are a great combination, when DD got married almost 3 years ago, they had a blue and brown wedding. And now their home is decorated in mostly blue and brown and it looks nice.

kim said...

Not a bad price for all that bedding. Oh I wish you could change that carpet. Maybe some day.

Always Nesting said...

That's beautiful!! What color are you thinking for you walls? Do you change your room frequently? It looks so romantic yet cozy.

I rarely finish any one room completely at one time. Seems like most rooms in my house are "in process." My biggies right now are my guest room since daughter finished college and completely moved out, and my bed/bath. I change my mind so often....or something looks really is great in my head and not so great in real life...

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You should be doing the happy dance. You got the comforter set you wanted at a fabulous price. Doesn't get much better than that. Unless it was free. lol. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Kerri said...

Good deal! I love the Chris Madden collection!

Debbie said...

So exciting when we find a bargain....loving the color combo.

Cathy said...

Wow! What a great find...just beautiful! I love the color combo too...one of my favorites!

I just popped over from Kim's to say HI! I look forward to following along!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Bringing Pretty Back said...

I love the colors and I really love the crinkle bed skirt!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

That bedding is gorgeous!! I've always loved the crinkle bedskirts.

Thanks for your sweet comment about Levi. He is feeling much better today. :)
Hugs, Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails