Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Camper Reveal Tour!

Well, it isn't totally done but as close as she will get this year!! I know you have all been waiting so patiently!! In case you are wondering about the "theme", my honey is a HUGE hunting/fishing guy who loves the outdoors so we decided to make the camper into a lodge theme. For other details about the camper please check out these posts HERE and HERE!

As you walk in the door you see the sofa. The cabinets have been stained and the knobs painted. I found some baskets for dvd storage and a few accessories I had from my son's old room. We keep all the games in those cabinets above the sofa.


Look at the beautiful job my honey did in laying this laminate flooring! It matched the other "wood" paneling so well and we found it at Lumber Liquidators for .99 square foot! Cute cabin rug I found at a store called Bergners on clearance in Illinois.

This is standing in the kitchen looking towards the bedroom. We plan on replacing the carpet in the bathroom with some vinyl. Maybe next year!

I reupholstered this sofa bed last year with a microfiber material I found on clearance at JoAnns Fabric. I think I got it for $4 a yard. We hide the vacuum and broom under the sofa!


Here we have the "entertainment center"!!! I used a crewel basket for a magazine holder. Works well!



This the view of the kitchen. My newly stained doors are so nice and shiny!! Love the black knobs I painted! We had to buy two separate mini blinds for each window as one 6 foot blind was just too expensive. I wish we could have done the one but these work fine. I still need to shorten them!



Here is a close up of the bench seats that I reupholstered last year. I found this cabin fabric at Walmart for $4 a yard. I took the old ones apart, made a pattern, reused the back and the zipper. Not too bad for an amateur!! Will work on refinishing that table next year!



I think the counter tops that I painted really turned out great. It is amazing how they transformed the whole space. They used to be the same blue/mauve color of the table.



Here we have the rustic country vanity that I painted and aged. I really like how it turned out. Love the cup I found and I am still waiting for the soap dispenser to come in that I ordered to match!!


Here is the shower curtain that I made from a panel and left over fabric from the living room curtains. I painted the walls with some leftover tan paint we had at the house. Really warmed up the camper to make it feel "homey"!

I just love how the bedroom turned out! It looks so inviting to me. This comforter was on my son's bed before we remodeled his room. I made the curtains from panels I already had that I bought on clearance for $5 a pair!
Another shot of the bedroom. I can't wait to sleep there this holiday weekend!!


I hope you have enjoyed your tour of our "Grand Cabin"!! We get a lot of use out of it and even though she is an oldie, she is still a goodie to us!!

I have a few posts scheduled for while we are away on vacation so you won't hear from me personally!

I am linking to the following parties!!!

Domestically Speaking for


A Soft Place to Land for
DIY Day @ ASPTL


Coastal Charm for
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Reinvented for



A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words for
2nd Time Around Tuesdays

The Pumpkin Patch for



Always Nesting for

Always Nesting

11 comments:

Sailing Simply said...

Bonnie this looks fabulous! I know how hard you have worked because I have done this before too! You are going to be so thrilled when you actually go on vacation in it. Really! Your reupholstering sounds alot like what I've done in campers we've had and now in our boat. Always easier if you can reuse some materials. I love your lodge theme and cute accesories too! It is adorable!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Bonnie,
She looks outstanding! Love the new floors...your painted countertops (great job)...cabinets and that cute rug! Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation in your camper...take lots of pics:)

Blessings,
Linda

Always Nesting said...

I am totally stunned by this makeover!! It is to die for. I am so impressed. I never, ever thought about a camper makeover and you've just raised the bar!! Functional and adorable. You are going to have such a fun vacation in that camper. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful trip. When you get back make sure you link this to Woo Hoo! Wednesday. It's an amazing makeover!!!

Kim said...

This is so darned cute, you are sure to have fun and feel "at home" and proud of all your hard work.

kim said...

Nice home away from home. Have a super weekend.

The Thrifty Designer said...

Great job Bonnie! Looks like you have been one busy lady. I really love the microfiber on the sofa. Have a great holiday weekend!

La Bella Vie said...

Oh Bonnie, this looks wonderful girlfriend!
It really looks like new with what you've done, I just love it.

Hope you have/had a great Memorial day weekend.
We'll chat soon!
Terry

Steph said...

Terrific make over! How rewarding that must feel to have finished that in time to enjoy it this camping season.

Shellbelle said...

I love your "cabin on wheels", what a great job you did. So comfy, cozy. I dream of owning a vintage trailer that I can pick up and move any time I want. I think half the fun will be redoing it to fit my style.

Jessabells said...

You did such a great job with so little space. Awesome. I love the bathroom vanity. It truly looks like a home away from home. Have a great summer!

Rosalinda Rudloff said...

Your RV feels so homey! I love its inviting feeling. I also like how you made good use of the space without making it overcrowded. The placement of the furniture and fixture is perfect. Good job on making this campervan beautiful!

>Rosalinda Rudloff

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails