Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Camper in Progress!!

Good morning everyone!! Just an update as to the progress of the camper remodel as I finally remembered to take my camera over there!!

Here is the upholstery of the cornices and the curtains I made last year. It is very much a fishing/lodge theme but that's okay...it's a camper!!


Here is a close up view to show the detail. Lots of work wrapping all those cornices! The curtains were easy and I lined them because campers always get a lot of sun.


This is the counter tops after primer, base coat and three colors sponged on. I think it might need just a hint of black here and there but not sure. I still need to do a couple coats of water based polyurethane.



This is the before and after of the cabinet doors. I rough sanded them and put one coat of PolyShades which is stain and polyurethane in one. I think they turned out real good!

BEFORE:

AFTER:
I still have to spray paint all the knobs and figure out how I am going to paint that gold piece where the knobs attach! I think I am going to make a card board template and spray each one.


I still have to finish painting the bedroom, the bathroom vanity and hang my curtains before I can show you those two rooms! I hope you have enjoyed my progress so far.

Thank you for stopping by today! I am linking up today for the following parties:


Domestically Speaking for


A Soft Place to Land for
DIY Day @ ASPTL

Always Nesting for
Always Nesting



Room to Inspire for



14 comments:

The Thrifty Designer said...

Lookin' good Bonnie! It's like a fishing lodge on wheels - love it. The stained cabinets turned out great.

Katie said...

Looks really good! I love the counter!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your cabinets look real good and I luvhow you painted the counter!

Blessings,
Linda

Always Nesting said...

This project is coming along wonderfully!! I love everything you've done so far and yes, the "theme" is perfect for a camper :) Thanks for linking this to Woo Hoo! Wednesday and sharing with us.

Debbie said...

Looking really good Bonnie, love the cornices, and what a great job you did.

Room to Inspire said...

The progress is lookin' good! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

Chelsea

Cathy said...

You are doing such a great job...everything looks wonderful!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Sandy said...

How nice to have a camper and get the family together for a long weekend!
Great job with the cabinets and the fish..hmmm? If you like them, I love it!
thanks so much for your visit today.. was nice of you to comment!
Sandy

Lou Cinda said...

This looks great! Those cabinets look rich! And the counters are great! What kind of paint did you use? I need a tutorial! lol

Lou Cinda :)

Angie said...

Great makeover! My husband and I hope to have a camper one day too and I know I would probably want to redo every inch of it!

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

Still working hard I see! This will be so homey when you're traveling.

Angie said...

you are very clever, u so inspire me :)
love the units!!

Olivia~ said...

I am loving that you are fluffing up the camper! Cute curtains and the cabinets look great!
Hugs,
Olivia

Melissa Miller said...

It looks really good Bonnie! Great job!

Have a blessed day sweet friend. ~Melissa ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails